:( Congress has set forth on a modern day witch hunt... they need to let mlb deal with their problems... for 1- mark mcgwire and sammy sosa provided for baseball like none other in 1998 homerun race...baseball's fan support was way down and that homerun race brought back the game of baseball as the national past time... and for 2- those steriods dont help you adjust to and hit that 75 mph curveball after you just got your socks knocked off by a mid 90's fastball....its like chipper jones said...steriods or not barry bonds is the greatest hitter that has ever lived....with my exception of shoeless joe jackson...but that takes me on a whole other trip... :D

Exactly.  It's nothing but political grandstanding.

825625802[/snapback]

Is it going to discourage the youth of America not to use steroids if barry Bonds or mark McGwire say "Yes I used steroids and hit 70 HR's"--that's what Congress says it's about. Better the testimony of the Hooten family and others, the Lyle Alzado story, etc. of the perils of steroid use, not the "success stories".

Like all other things, it happened, take steps to stop it, but move on. As the apparently falsely accused Todd Helton says, "the witch hunt won't stop till they catch a witch".

But will they be satiated with catching just one "witch"? Or will the resulting hysteria/paranoia/bloodthirstiness grow and fester until the innocent and guilty alike are all confessing merely to avoid the heat of this Congressional "crucible"??? :unsure:

Say it ain't so, Joe (McCarthy! :lol: )

"I have given you my soul---leave me my name!" ---John Proctor, from Arthur Miller's The Crucible

---rSquared