Fishy....

laxdaddy

Webb is a very small school, and they usually do not have a lot of depth. But there top couple of players are ususally really good. Look at Thomas Jennings at Hampden-Sydney. Webb also had a goalie play at Navy started a couple of games a couple years back. They have a defenseman at H-S and a middie at VMI.

There are only 100 boys 9-12 grade and Webb has (Baseball, Tennis, Soccer and Lax) in the Spring.

Plus Webb may surprise some teams this year.

I'll echo what 24/7 said. Webb may not be the biggest school, or the most successful, but they have had some very talented players come through their program. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Thomas Jennings or Craig Patterson put up a lot of good numbers. Also, Webb's out of conference schedule isn't nearly as competitive as McCallie's, MBA's, or MUS', so they have more opportunities to somewhat "pad" their stats. Finally, stats like groundballs and takeaways are pretty hard to an experienced stat person to keep up with, and since lots of teams in TN use their managers or assistant coaches to keep up with them, it is no surprise when some teams might have higher or lower stat totals than others.

I hope you are not implying that Webb add GB's, goals or assists to their stats that they didn't get...I would not respect any team that did that, I guarentee that the stats keepers at Webb do not pad the stats...Couch Bloom would simply not allow that. Obviously every team has "stat" games, but I don't think Webb has any more of those than any other team, outside of the top three.

I agree that in the past few years Webb has had players who have had good numbers, but that doesn't mean that the team is going to do well. So, by Webb always being 6th, 7th, or 8th in the state, but still having players with good stats...that doesn't mean the numbers are made up.

Edited by TNLAX6

I didn't single out Webb for doing anything wrong. Like I said, lots of teams use managers, assistant coaches, jv players, etc. to keep stats. Therefore, lots of teams have stats that are less than accurate. The only thing I singled Webb out for was having some good players who were capable of putting up good stats. I know Coach Bloom, as well as most of the other coaches in the state, and padding stats isn't anything they would let intentionally slide by, nor are stats particularly important to any of those coaches. The only people who care about the stats are players, and rarely has any player missed or made any kind of all-state or college team because he had a few extra ground balls or take-aways.

Sry Redtwin...I didn't mean for that statement to sound like it was directed at you. I agree with you...I was responding to the original post.

Now, I don't know if the original post was intended to imply that Webb's stats are padded...it just kinda came across like that...if it wasn't, then my bad...