BA

BAfan1

Hmm... well maybe you didnt notice that Shelby has been the only pitcher for us the past 3 years... that we've gone to state. We lost 2 seniors last year... Cassie Simpson who was replaced by her sister who is just as good, maybe even better at catching. And Leigh Little... who was a great hitter... but replaced by Senior transfer Kathleen Dixon, who is also a great hitter. So pretty much the same team with more experience. Im not really sure where your getting your info, but its slightly skewed.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]

Shelby is a great pitcher. Riley is good for being a freshman. To say she went to Brentwood because she is the best pitcher of the two is ridiculous. Both are good. It is easier to have a low ERA if you are pitching two games a day. Try pitching four , five or six games and see what happens. After three games it is down hill alot of times.

Shelby, I hope you get better soon. Good luck the rest of the season and have fun playing for Ernie next year on your scholarship to Trevecca!!!!!

Edited by sliding4home

Hmm... well maybe you didnt notice that Shelby has been the only pitcher for us the past 3 years... that we've gone to state. We lost 2 seniors last year... Cassie Simpson who was replaced by her sister who is just as good, maybe even better at catching. And Leigh Little... who was a great hitter... but replaced by Senior transfer Kathleen Dixon, who is also a great hitter. So pretty much the same team with more experience. Im not really sure where your getting your info, but its slightly skewed.

825634973[/snapback]

[/quote

My info is not skewed at all...I have seen Ba play for the last 15 years, and several times each year I might add. The 2 best hitters on BA's team are Samantha Little, and Jessie Hesson..i've watched them play ever since they were 8 years old. No one else on that team would be considered a great hitter. BA probably wont win half their games this year. Its not the girl's fault, they just dont have the talent that they have had in the past.

In the past, before their division was made terribly weak by the private/public split, BA could go up against any team in the middle tennessee area. This years team probably wouldnt be ranked in the top 20. When they beat someone this year that is halfway decent, just give me a holler.

]

Shelby is a great pitcher. Riley is good for being a freshman. To say she went to Brentwood because she is the best pitcher of the two is ridiculous. Both are good. It is easier to have a low ERA if you are pitching two games a day. Try pitching four , five or six games and see what happens. After three games it is down hill  alot of times.

Shelby, I hope you get better soon. Good luck the rest of the season and have fun playing for Ernie next year on your scholarship to Trevecca!!!!!

825635026[/snapback]

Sliding4home, I dont think anyone has ever said that Riley went to Brentwood because she was the better pitcher of the 2. I only said that Riley is the better one of the 2. And please, show me where shelby has pitched 6 games in a day. You also failed to respond to the fact that Riley has pitched against far superior teams than BA will ever face this year.

With Brentwood loaded with young pitching, I was surprised that Riley even went to Brentwood. She would of gotten a whole lot more playing time at BA.

Sliding4home, I dont think anyone has ever said that Riley went to Brentwood because she was the better pitcher of the 2. I only said that Riley is the better one of the 2. And please, show me where shelby has pitched 6 games in a day. You also failed to respond to the fact that Riley has pitched against far superior teams than BA will ever face this year.

With Brentwood loaded with young pitching, I was surprised that Riley even went to Brentwood. She would of gotten a whole lot more playing time at BA.

825635274[/snapback]

Heck, have a young lady pitch three or four games in one day and see what happens. It MAKES a difference!!!!

By the way to answer your other question of why Riley went to Brentwood , I think it had to do with the players at BA that were her age. I watched their middle school play. It wasnt pretty.

Heck, have a young lady pitch three or four games in one day and see what happens. It MAKES a difference!!!!

By the way to answer your other question of why Riley went to Brentwood , I think it had to do with the players at BA that were her age. I watched their middle school play. It wasnt pretty.

825635344[/snapback]

I guess BA has their priorities, and softball isnt one of them. It must be of their mindset to buy football and basketball players instead of softball players.

Okay I think I have read enough of this. I am Shelby & Riley's mom. It makes me very, very sad some of the things I have read on this thread and others, comparing 2 totally different pitchers that are sisters. But especially the refrence to BA buying players. That is crazy! Both of my girls have worked extremely hard to achieve the level of play that they are capable of. Their records in and of themselves prove this. They both go to excellent schools. They both love their teams! They both "pull for each other." Riley attended BA for awhile but wanted to go to a bigger school. That was the #1 reason for her changing schools. Trust me, Chuck and I would have loved to of watched both girls play on the same team!! But life goes on!! And we support them both 100%. We are ZONED for BHS. Heck, we live 3 blocks in-between either school. True, BHS is loaded with pitchers. But then, that ought to make for a very, very good championship team. I have encouraged Riley to just be the best she can-and she is working very hard on her own time to do this. Being "Club K" kids, Cheri and Kim have taught them well, and they expect alot of themselves. Hopefully, both teams will do great! As far as Shelby goes, she has been through a lot the last 3 months, she had mono, then pulled ab muscles she got from pitching 6 games in less than 24 hours and now this week she spent 2 days at Baptist hospital for a ruptured ovarian cyst. Please pray that her health is restored, all of you know the amount of time pitchers put in during the off season, she wants to play!!! After 10 years of playing the sport I guess she is having all her injuries at once! But, please don't make more out of the sister's playing ball for different schools than what it truly is. Pure and simple it was just a choice by Riley - all on her own, to go to the bigger school. Trust me, Shelby would of loved for her to have stayed at BA.

Okay I think I have read enough of this. I am Shelby & Riley's mom. It makes me very, very sad some of the things I have read on this thread and others, comparing 2 totally different pitchers that are sisters. But especially the refrence to BA buying players. That is crazy! Both of my girls have worked extremely hard to achieve the level of play that they are capable of. Their records in and of themselves prove this. They both go to excellent schools. They both love their teams! They both "pull for each other." Riley attended BA for awhile but wanted to go to a bigger school. That was the #1 reason for her changing schools. Trust me, Chuck and I would have loved to of watched both girls play on the same team!! But life goes on!! And we support them both 100%. We are ZONED for BHS. Heck, we live 3 blocks in-between either school. True, BHS is loaded with pitchers. But then, that ought to make for a very, very good championship team. I have encouraged Riley to just be the best she can-and she is working very hard on her own time to do this. Being "Club K" kids, Cheri and Kim have taught them well, and they expect alot of themselves. Hopefully, both teams will do great! As far as Shelby goes, she has been through a lot the last 3 months, she had mono, then pulled ab muscles she got from pitching 6 games in less than 24 hours and now this week she spent 2 days at Baptist hospital for a ruptured ovarian cyst. Please pray that her health is restored, all of you know the amount of time pitchers put in during the off season, she wants to play!!! After 10 years of playing the sport I guess she is having all her injuries at once! But, please don't make more out of the sister's playing ball for different schools than what it truly is. Pure and simple it was just a choice by Riley - all on her own, to go to the bigger school. Trust me, Shelby would of loved for her to have stayed at BA.

825635613[/snapback]

I hope Shelby gets well soon, but I never indicated that BA was buying her or any other softball player. Just look at their football teams and basketball teams. You can tell who they are paying their tuition for to go to school there. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out. You think an all-american basketball player would go to BA if his tuition wasnt being paid for? I'm not saying thats wrong, because its perfectly legal. Thats why there is a private/public split so they can give scholarships.

Shelby and Riley are both great kids from what I have seen. I have complimented both of them, but some BA fanatics arent realists to see that their team this year is down somewhat from past teams. And I dont blame Riley for wanting to go to a bigger school. That shows the type of competitor that she is by wanting to play against the best competition, which she has already shown that she can more than handle. Good luck to both of them, and I hope they both win a state championship this year. At least that would quieten down the chattanooga teams, who think no one knows how to play softball but them.

Edited by Bleacherbum

825635613[/snapback]

Sorry, I was just trying to defend Shelby. I think she is a very talented young lady. I think the world of Riley too. I dont like hearing anybody compare the two either. I should have ignored the thread. Again, sorry.

And I dont blame Riley for wanting to go to a bigger school. That shows the type of competitor that she is by wanting to play against the best competition

Brentwood High does not play in a very tough district first of all, so they play the same competition as everyone else in the tournaments. And I think 3andout was trying to say Riley didnt like the small school enviroment that she wanted to go to a larger school with more kids, nothin relating to the softball program.

And I dont see why you are down on BA this year and the pitching, when Meek left 3 years ago, and Shelby's been doing all of it since.

Last year Leigh Little and Shelby Mashburn both led the team hitting over .400 for the year, there is another senior on the team this year who was not eligible until state last year - who hit VERY well with lots of extra bases. Plus our new catcher, Hannah Simpson has hit very well this year too. Holly Victory also hits well for BA. So to say there are only 2 good hitters on the team is unrealistic.

Last year Leigh Little and Shelby Mashburn both led the team hitting over .400 for the year, there is another senior on the team this year who was not eligible until state last year - who hit VERY well with lots of extra bases. Plus our new catcher, Hannah Simpson has hit very well this year too. Holly Victory also hits well for BA. So to say there are only 2 good hitters on the team is unrealistic.

825636191[/snapback]

I have been watching BA for over 18 years and this years team is probably the best defensive team from top to bottom !

The hitting is as good as top to bottom.

When Shelby gets well you will see a very competitive team. She is no Sara Meek

but she does have a better defense behind her. When Shelby goes down BA

suffers on offense and defense!