District 10-AAA champion

soccerislife37

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

henry co., dickson co., kenwood, northeast, northwest, rossview, and clarksville

825630571[/snapback]

Clarksville will probably win it. They've won the district ten years in a row starting in 1995 and had won it in 87, 88, 91, 93 prior to that. There were some pretty average teams there and also some teams that were really good. They haven't really been challenged since 1994. I'd like to see how Rossview does against them this year. The district has always been pretty weak. Northeast is the only other team to have ever won the district and believe me CHS was capable of beating those teams despite being the weaker teams CHS has ever had. CHS was the 5th seed one year and still won the title. CHS is always conditioned well and pretty hard nosed physically. They've always been able to compete with just about anyone regardless of how much talent they have.

Clarksville will probably win it. They've won the district ten years in a row starting in 1995 and had won it in 87, 88, 91, 93 prior to that.  There were some pretty average teams there and also some teams that were really good.  They haven't really been challenged since 1994. I'd like to see how Rossview does against them this year.  The district has always been pretty weak. Northeast is the only other team to have ever won the district and believe me CHS was capable of beating those teams despite being the weaker teams CHS has ever had.  CHS was the 5th seed one year and still won the title.  CHS is always conditioned well and pretty hard nosed physically.  They've always been able to compete with just about anyone regardless of how much talent they have.

825630842[/snapback]

Okay, I don't know much about history (does it really matter though), but isn't Rossview a new school. Therefore they probably took some of the talent that Clarksville use to get, as I know that they are pretty close to each other.

However, I am very interested in upcoming games between Henry, Rossview and Clarksville. Smyrna beat both Henry and Clarksville 2-1, while Rossview plays them pretty soon. When does Rossview and CLarksville play (one of them will probably win just because they were the two teams in the finals last year)?

i believe they play on april 9th at chs. i think that is what i heard

825631153[/snapback]

So far Rossview opening hasn't had much of an an affect (if any) on CHS. Rossview took some students from CHS when it opened but the bulk of them came from Northeast. I'd like to see a rematch between CHS and Smyrna. It could happen in the regionals. I heard they played pretty poorly in the second half. CHS will get better just like most other teams in the state. CHS's problem has always been that they could win the district easily but when they played in the regional they would always stumble. Maybe a little more competition in the district would help them in the regionals. I'd say history actually does have a little bit to do with the outcome of the season. I'm sure coach Donahue builds on the fact that they have won so many district titles. The team is probably reminded of it quite a bit. If not every day.

i dont know but after hearing that clarksville had several seniors up and quit on them, this may be rossview's year.  rossview has had a pretty talented team since they opened.  this may be the year that clarksville falls.

825631552[/snapback]

I didn't hear about that. What happened? There have been very few players quit on coach Donahue during his career there. Plenty did during preseason conditioning in the old days (which would erase the need for an actual tryout) but VERY few have quit once the season started. I wouldn't expect them to drop to much but yeah Rossview has a shot. I'd like to hear the story behind them quiting.

rossview beat smyrna 1-0 but shouldve won by atleast 3 or 4.  clarksville lost to them, not that means anything.  from the looks of it rossview definitley has a good chance to beat clarksville.

825634233[/snapback]

Been a long time since Clarksville has been an underdog to win the district. I cant remember the last time they lost to a district opponent. I seem to remember a tie but that was maybe in 96 or 97. If I had to bet on it I'd say Clarksville would lose one or two district games this year (at worst) and bounce back in the tourny and win it. That's because NO team works harder on conditiong than Clarksville. Or at least that is how it used to be. Maybe things have changed. Rossview could have beaten Smyrna 4-0 but that doesnt mean Clarksville wouldnt be able to come back later and beat Rossview. 1994: Clarksville beat undefeated Henry Co. 2-0. Henry County later beats district top seed Northeast 7-3. Then later Northeast beats Clarksville 4-1 (and was the last time they beat them). Then Henry Co. avenges the lost to Clarksville in the district tourny semi 2-0 (at Henry Co. and sometimes that DOES make a huge difference). So you see none of the "they beat them 2-1 and then lost to those guys 1-0 that beat them" matters. You want a more recent example? Last season Galitan beat Clarksville mid season than Clarksville drilled them in the region tourny.