Gibbs Lady Eagles Invitational

LadyEaglesFan

Okay...

...maybe those were tears....just kidding....

......you all have a good team.....I am sure I could be wrong....... a little.... :angry:

sofballR......your right ....I shouldn't complain....... Priceless is correct.

Have to admit it was really nice to see all of the Schools represented and to play in such a nice

park....The Girls DESERVE that kind of facilities........

By the way there were some DI College Coaches there.....Glad to see that too.....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say the park was one of the best I have seen in a long time,yes the UT coaches were there seen them watching several games.I was a little put off by the fact tourn.folks would not alow team coolers to be brought in...guess they had an idea things could get cut short and wanted every$$$ thing they could get.

I must say the park was one of the best I have seen in a long time,yes the UT coaches were there seen them watching several games.I was a little put off by the fact tourn.folks would not alow team coolers to be brought in...guess they had an idea things could get cut short and wanted every$$$ thing they could get.

825637731[/snapback]

That is more of a city rule than the tourn. folks......all concessions go to the city....No smoking inside either....Sons ball team put on a tournament there same rules for them.......

That is more of a city rule than the tourn. folks......all concessions go to the city....No smoking inside either....Sons ball team put on a tournament there same rules for them.......

825637735[/snapback]

I see thanks for clearing that up maybe the city folks should put themselves in the thirsty players place whos waiting on drink to be bought in a line 10 or more deep before they have to get back on the feild .

Baylor 5 JCHS 0  Baylor pitcher 2 hit shutout.    Player with #2 for Baylor (don't know names) HR in second inning.

JCHS  Thorton 2 inning 5 runs

Jett 3 innings 0 runs

Wished we could have played Sunday. Weather was great.

825637511[/snapback]

jeffersonairplane

Has Jefferson County played Morristown East this year? If you have could you give us any details on the game and have you played any Knoxville teams and how did you do. Haven't heard much about Jefferson County this year.

jeffersonairplane

Has Jefferson County played Morristown East this year? If you have could you give us any details on the game and have you played any Knoxville teams and how did you do. Haven't heard much about Jefferson County this year.

825638392[/snapback]

Jefferson is 4-1 Lost to Baylor Friday night. Season has started well. Beat a good team WB. 3-0 in district but our district is weak. Lots of strengths on team. Pitching and hitting has been good. Defense needs to improve. 8 of the players are old "SHARKS"

Jefferson beat Morristown East 10-4 Jefferson hit the ball well. East -HR by Greer(spelling may not be correct)

Pitching Jefferson Jett 5 innings 0 runs

Whitehead 2 innings 4 runs

East Price 4 innings 7 runs

Taylor 3 innings 3 runs (innings pitched are close do not have books) To get to the State: Jefferson may have a chance. Got the team but in this game a lucky break can be the difference.

From what I heard, the umpires had to be paid for 2 games each on friday and the city had to be paid for the park. Rain or shine. I also heard that the Gibbs coach is refunding a large portion of the entry fees. Gibbs lost money on the tournament.

The city doesn't allow coolers, but each dugout had a water fountain which you don't see often.

No one was forced me to buy a weekend pass, that was my choice. I understand that a line has to drawn for kids, this time it was 5 and under.

The t-shirt vendor was there, she arrived midway through the first games. Got caught in traffic in West Knoxville. Imagine that!

The Gibbs coach/program has alot of class and from what I have heard they are refunding alot of money, and I heard Gibbs lost over 400. in the hole b/c they had to pay for trophies and Umpires that came on Saturday and also the ones for all eight games on Friday night.

Gibbs tournament is always a hugh success b/c of the class the Coach Mitchell brings to the Gibbs Softball club.