Contenders?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Tennessee Lady Tigers returned everyone from last year's team that made a run at Nationals (advanced out of pool play), and possibly added someone capable of making an outside shot (struggled with it at state last year),  then I would think that they would be the favorite.  I heard the Cookeville Crushers had lost some players and was looking for more so I don't know how they will end up looking.  The Tennessee Team Pride and Sycamore Sparks will both be in the mix as well.  The Team Pride has the size in the post, but lacks it in the guards.  The Sparks just lack size all the way around, unless they have found some more players.  However, they are very quick and have some really good shooters and sometimes size isn't everything.  As for the Southside Stars, I'm not sure I've even heard of them.

825633230[/snapback]

Thought you might be interested to know that the TN Lady Tigers defeated the TN Team Pride by 16 this weekend. Both teams have added some quality players and the Lady Tigers appear to be extremely deep, atheltic, and fast. Also, here is the sub-state bracket for this age group which starts this coming weekend:

Round 1

Cookeville Crushers vs. TN Trouble

TN Team Pride vs. TN Swoosh

Sycamore Sparks vs. Southside Stars

TN Lady Tigers vs. CDF Lady Kats

Round 2

Winner of Crushers/Trouble vs. Winner of Pride/Swoosh

Winner of Sparks/Stars vs. Winner of Tigers/Kats

Does anyone have any information on the TN Trouble, Southside Stars, TN Swoosh, or CDF Lady Kats. I am familiar with the top 4 as they all played in the 11U last year, but I'm not real familiar with the other ones.

sorry ptguard, got the info offline.

Sparks 12U defeated the Belles by 4 and the

Swoosh by 17 and 8 to win that tournament.

825637775[/snapback]

and two weeks prior the sparks beat the Tn express A team in Lawrencburg in the semis of that tourny and went on an hour or so later to beat the Madison Magic and win the 12u finals

Thought you might be interested to know that the TN Lady Tigers defeated the TN Team Pride by 16 this weekend.  Both teams have added some quality players and the Lady Tigers appear to be extremely deep, atheltic, and fast.  Also, here is the sub-state bracket for this age group which starts this coming weekend:

Round 1

Cookeville Crushers vs. TN Trouble

TN Team Pride vs. TN Swoosh

Sycamore Sparks vs. Southside Stars

TN Lady Tigers vs. CDF Lady Kats

Round 2

Winner of Crushers/Trouble vs. Winner of Pride/Swoosh

Winner of Sparks/Stars vs. Winner of Tigers/Kats

Does anyone have any information on the TN Trouble, Southside Stars, TN Swoosh, or CDF Lady Kats. I am familiar with the top 4 as they all played in the 11U last year, but I'm not real familiar with the other ones.

825637591[/snapback]

Thanks for all the info. It does not surprise me to see that the Tennessee Lady Tigers were able to beat the Tennessee Team Pride by that many. I had suspected that they would go out and find themselves some good players to add to the ones they already had. If you can, could you provide us with a roster of that team? I'm also interested in getting a roster for the Sycamore Sparks if anyone knows it as I suspect they may have also added a player or two.

Based on the draw of the tournament that you have provided, I really do see another Cookeville Crushers and Tennessee Lady Tigers final. However, I think the Lady Tigers may have the edge this year, especially with them finally breaking through at State last year and beating the Crushers to get that final spot to Nationals. However, the Sparks and Team Pride could also throw some kinks into this draw and could take a spot away from one of those two teams.

I'm sorry, but I really don't know anything about those other 4 teams except what I've read on here about the Tennessee Swoosh. Seems as though they have gave the Lady Belles and Sparks some decent games this year so they could potentially pull off the win against the Team Pride. This could be a very interesting Sub-State and if anyone could provide the times of the games this weekend, I might try to sneak up there Friday night to watch a game or two before I head to the South Middle Sub-State on Saturday.

sorry ptguard, got the info offline.

Sparks 12U defeated the Belles by 4 and the

Swoosh by 17 and 8 to win that tournament.

825637775[/snapback]

Hmmm...the Sparks could be better then expected. I can't base anything on the win over the Belles because I don't know if the Sparks are really that good or if the Belles are just down from last year. The Sparks win over the Madison Magic is somewhat impressive considering the Magic were the Alabama 11U State Runner-ups last year. However, I believe 1 or 2 of their players may have left for the Alabama Ballers who have already qualified for Nationals after their performance at the Division II Nationals in Nashville last summer. So, I can't accurately say just how strong the Madison Magic are this year, but nonetheless, it is a big win for the Sparks. I think their toughest game of the year will come in the 2nd round of their North Middle Sub-State where they should face the Tennessee Lady Tigers (assuming there are no upsets along the way). The Lady Tigers had some size last year and according to an earlier post about them, they have gained more players this year. The size and speed of the Lady Tigers could be too much for the Sparks to handle. However, I never count out a team that has alot of heart, and if there is one thing that the Sparks have had alot of in the past two years, its been heart.

Hey ptguard 12

Any word on the 12 and under eesults from shelbyville srt?

825637581[/snapback]

Sorry eliteball, I didn't get to see any of the bracket games in Shelbyville this weekend. I had to tend to some other business on Saturday and Sunday and didn't get to see as much as I would have liked to at Shelbyville, but I will do my best to find out.

Sorry eliteball, I didn't get to see any of the bracket games in Shelbyville this weekend. I had to tend to some other business on Saturday and Sunday and didn't get to see as much as I would have liked to at Shelbyville, but I will do my best to find out.

825638845[/snapback]

Then I will update you. It was a very deep and talented group in this age group. KGC Lady Pride won the championship over Cutter Construction, who defeated the Top Guns in the semi's. Our Elite team faced both the KGC and the Top Guns. Both of these clubs are strong and we look forward to seeing them again in the States.

Then I will update you.  It was a very deep and talented group in this age group.  KGC Lady Pride won the championship over Cutter Construction, who defeated the Top Guns in the semi's.  Our Elite team faced both the KGC and the Top Guns.  Both of these clubs are strong and we look forward to seeing them again in the States.

825638879[/snapback]

Thanks