TV Production - Feedback

RaiderLou

Posted in boys forum as well.

Just wanted to see what everyone thought of the television production of the basketball games. Same crew that did it for football. They threw in a different announcer or two as far as talent, but the same production people.

I thought it was great. Seemed like they used at least 5 cameras. Clear picture. Looked just as good as college games done by ESPN. Thought it was better than anything I've ever seen on CSS.

Thoughts????

Somewhere in the production meetings, someone decided that the award presentations were not important enough to show. If a team goes all that time to win a state championship, then the least the television crew can do is show them getting the GOLD BALL. How hard is that. Instead we break away to programming that means absolutely nothing. Why not make the programming of the games continuous and show the award presentation and Miss or Mr Basketball. Apparently this is difficult for the TV people to understand. And in case you missed it, one of the announcers called Walker Valley Walter County. That was a bad producer if the information was wrong. The production was not bad, but they were not attached to the sport in general. For instance, Why was Kelly Sutton doing sideline reporting???? She is not a sports person....just another pretty face on camera. The only announcer that did any research on the tournament and was there a day other than championship night was Coach B. He knew his stuff and was there on more than one day watching and learning about the teams involved. Overall, the production was okay and got the games back on TV since the mid 90s. That is a plus, but overall the production gets a C+ from me. Just enough to get by....