Page/Shoney's Tournament Schedule

PageMan

I have revised post #1 to reflect the postponement of Thursday's game between Page and Pope John Paul II. I am awaiting clarification on whether this game will be played or not from Page Coach Mike Hollingsworth. Since we know that PJPII can not play at all on Friday, it appears that if this game will be played, it would either be late Sat. night or sometime Sunday.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With rain still in the area this morning, Friday's games may be in jeopardy. We have now had about 2 inches of rain over the past 2 days. I don't think the field will be dry enough to play until Sat., maybe, but that's just my opinion. Coach Hollingsworth said yesterday he would be working the field this morning so we'll have to see what happens. If I hear anything else, I'll post something later today.

Edited by PageMan

It has stopped raining, but remains cloudy. I don't know how much drying of the field can occur unless the sun comes out. I will be leaving shortly to go to the field to see if I can help in any way. Coaches involved in this tournament should have their cell phones handy in case there are schedule changes from Page Coach Mike Hollingsworth.

Results from Friday's games:

Cascade 5, Eagleville 0

WP - Nick Davis

LP - James Blackwell

Huntland 6, USN 1

WP - Jimmy Cole

LP - B. J. Jones

Eagleville 1, Page 0

WP - Matt Vaughn

LP - Matt Bowling

Sorry no details - Tomorrow's games start at 8 AM

Here are the results from Saturday:

Eagleville 10, USN 3

Huntland 8, Cascade 4

Page 14, USN 5

Pope John Paul II 12, Eagleville 2

Huntland 10, Page 2

Pope John Paul II 7, Cascade 4

Here are the standings in each pool:

Pool 1

Huntland 3-0

Page 1-2

USN 0-3

Pool 2

Pope John Paul II 2-0

Eagleville 2-2

Cascade 1-2

There are 2 mores games to play before the Championship at 5:30 Sunday:

12:30 USN vs Cascade

3:00 Huntland vs Pope John Paul II

It appears to me that Huntland has clinched pool 1 and I think that PJPII should clinch pool 2 since they beat both teams in their pool today, but the final standings are based on all games played. I may not be thinking straight right now, however. I'm a little tired after 13 hrs at the field

Edited by PageMan

Pageman and all the fine folks who have worked to put this tournamnet on; Nice job! The tournament has been on time and given the weather we had yall did a terrific job getting the field ready for play. Your fans have been gracious host's. Good luck to you guy's the remainder of the year!

Thanks, letrrip. All the parents have really worked hard along with coaches Mike Hollingsworth, Chuck Schumacher, & Bill Robison. Special thanks to Pete Hughes for his work on getting the field ready. Pete and his dad also built the announcer's building and also erected a new back stop for this season. I have tried to announce all the players names correctly, but I know I made some errors along the way. I hope my music hasn't offended anyone, but it's hard to please everyone and I have a somewhat limited selection of CD's. I have been impressed with the play of Pope John Paul II, Huntland, & Cascade. I wish Page could have played PJPII, but the rain and other scheduling problems prevented it. Today's games should be good so everyone come out.

Thanks Pageman and to all the parents who helped with the tourney. Page had a tough weekend and we would love to be playing today. We have 3 away district games this week and we plan to pull it all back together and play some good ball. But until then good luck to all of the teams who participated in the tournament this weekend and rest up a little bit Pageman, we have a big week coming up. thumb

Page netter pull it back together or they will fall in the standings..Page better bring their A game to Loretto and Marshall County!!!!!!! Since Page lost to single A teams I highly doubt they can win against Loretto and Marshall County.. Who I think has the best teams in the district!!!! If Lamb pitches against Page they WILL NOT WIN the ball game!!!! Good Luck tho to Page!!!!