chattanooga pitchers

baseballaforever

Hey guys let's don't try to turn this into a Smalley v Simpson thing. Seems to me some want to prove their guy is the "best" by knocking the other guy. Smalls is too classy for that as is Simpson. There is certainly reason to differ on opinions but don't do it by knocking the other guy. I would take either one of them( along with Higdon, Farrow, Williams, Green, Henry, Sorahand others) and be happy

Hey BriC--where are you in school these days?

Edited by Chattcity

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the mighty, mighty Red Raiders and their mighty, mighty pitching staff.

Let's see Smalley is 1-0 against Soddy Daisy.  Baylor is 0-1 against Soddy Daisy with one of their stud pitchers.

I rest my case.

Better this year???  He was the Times-Free Press Player of the Year last year!

Uh, he had a pretty good year last year I think!

825637545[/snapback]

You are definately right I've watched Simpson and played with and against Brett and Simpson has some great stuff do not get me wrong at all but Brett has better I think. He's pitched in 3 games and has like 40 K's. His era is super low right now and he's given up very few hits. He's got a great curve to go with that nice fastball and he'll work the corners on you really well too. Look for a possible second Times-Free Press Player of the Year Award.

Edited by Patspitcher16

Look guys, talk your players up, but NOT at the expense of tearing others down. There are many situations where kids have a chance to "sign" at a big time SEC school and choose not to for whatever reason. And because you sign, doesn't mean you'll play....A lot of these pitchers will do even better in college because they'll potentially have more run support...it's hard to be an excellent pitcher (looking at stats) when your team can't score many runs for support.

By the way, don't put much stock into ERA, Wins, Losses, or even strikeouts....yes, they're impressive to look at, but judging a pitcher becomes very difficult in high school...there are too many factors they cannot control.

Smalley, Simpson, Green, Higdon, Farrow, Henry, Sorah, Stout, the other Greene, Burke, Robinson, Stewart, Howard, etc etc etc.....I like all of them, and on any given day their team will beat yours with them on the mound.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Hey guys let's don't try to turn this into a Smalley v Simpson thing. Seems to me some want to prove their guy is the "best" by knocking the other guy. Smalls is too classy for that as is Simpson. There is certainly reason to differ on opinions but don't do it by knocking the other guy. I would take either one of them( along with Higdon, Farrow, Williams, Green, Henry, Sorahand others) and be happy

Hey BriC--where are you in school these days?

825637686[/snapback]

Trinity University down in San Antonio, TX. I'm redshirting this year.