Region 5 1a [The New Look Region]

goforthegoal

cascade should have beat mt pleasant last year and we were very young so if we play yall this year it should be a great game how much did mt pleasant lose?

825636696[/snapback]

I'LL ADMIT THAT CASCADE GAVE US ALL WE WANTED AND EVEN THOUGH WE ONLY WON BY 2, A WIN IS A WIN!!! GOOD LUCK TO CASCADE, FORREST, AND EAGLEVILLE IS REGION 5!!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

Edited by COMEGETSOME07

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say Cascade takes region 5. Who will replace their qb from last year? He was a heck of a player. Region 6, Mount Pleasant won't dominate, they will do well I think. It will be them or Moore County, possibly Huntland for the region champ. I also wouldn't base last years performances on this season. Teams and players will change some. Who is going to replace #20,#5, and #81 for the tigers? Their little runninback will be the best in the region, he is almost as fast as couple of boys from Huntland a few years back.  Moore County has alot players coming back. Their line should be good. I think a few players placed high at a weight lifiting competiton in Riverdale, they were the only 1a team their. The qb is really good, possibly one of the best in the state if he can stay healthy.

825637638[/snapback]

WHICH LITTLE BACK? WE GOT 2, MARCO AND BOOSIE. AS FOR REPLACING WHAT WE LOST, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, WE HAVE PEOPLE READY TO STEP UP AND FILL THOSE POSITIONS IN. thumb

Edited by COMEGETSOME07

The little guy who played alot last season. He broke a few long runs against Moore County. I think he had a big game against Waynesboro too, if I am correct. He was a freshman last season, not for sure about his name or #

Edited by BURLEY

I'LL ADMIT THAT CASCADE GAVE US ALL WE WANTED AND EVEN THOUGH WE ONLY WON BY 2, A WIN IS A WIN!!! GOOD LUCK TO CASCADE, FORREST, AND EAGLEVILLE IS REGION 5!!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

yea ur right a win is a win good luck to yall too region 6 is tougher than region 5 why did they make it so unbalanced? and cascade play moore county first game of the season(should be an awesome game) and we also play huntland 3rd game of tha season and then play taft for homecoming that all tha out of conference games

I think the idea was terrible. Their are alot things they did not consider, like the long away games. Most schools cannot afford a charter bus every game, so they will use a regular school bus and a driver who has drove all day probably. This is going to end up with drivers being very tired and a risk of accidents. Also the gates are going to suffer. Take Cascade, if Clarksville Acad. comes down they will not bring many fans likely. They are just starting football back up. Same for other schools, it will be hard to make a 7PM kick off in Perry County for Lynchburg people. It was a crazy idea. I guess we have complained about the privates for so long they decided to stick it to us. ;)

Edited by BURLEY

I think the idea was terrible. Their are alot things they did not consider, like the long away games. Most schools cannot afford a charter bus every game, so they will use a regular school bus and a driver who has drove all day probably. This is going to end up with drivers being very tired and a risk of accidents. Also the gates are going to suffer. Take Cascade, if Clarksville Acad. comes down they will not bring many fans likely. They are just starting football back up. Same for other schools, it will be hard to make a 7PM kick off in Perry County for Lynchburg people. It was a crazy idea. I guess we have complained about the privates for so long they decided to stick it to us. :P

825639487[/snapback]

THAT'S TRUE. MP CLOSES AWAY GAME IS CORNERSVILLE. WE GOT TO GO TO PERRY CO., HUNTLAND, COLLINWOOD, AND EZELL HARDING. THOSE TRIPS AIN'T EXACTLY A JUMP ACROSS THE CREEK. JUST A SIDE NOTE CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY IS REALLY SMALL, IT'S FAN BASE AIN'T REALLY BIG AT ALL. I THINK EVEN WITH THE MULTIPLIER IT'S REALLY SMALL (I THINK). BUT I GUESS THE TSSAA DID REALLY STICK IT TO US AFTER COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

• 2 weeks later...

Region 5 1a consists of McEwen, JoBryns, White House Heritage, Clarksville Academy, Forrest, Cascade and Eagleville. White House is like Eagleville in that it is a new program[3 or 4 yrs old]. This will be Clarksville first yr back since being without football for 4 or 5 yrs. Eagleville played JoBryns last yr. and beat them in a close one. We also played Whitehouse at camp and did not have much problems with them, I do remember they were pretty big. We also played Forrest during camp and beat them easily but then they beat us when it really counted during the season. So who knows. I know nothing about McEwen. I do believe JoBryns and Whitehouse had very young teams last yr.

I'm Adam Fuqua and I play for McEwen, and here is our preseason review. We lost the bulk of our o-line and our starting FB, but we replace the line with short but strong and fast linemen(nicknamed the Midget Crew). Our FB is up in the air for now with Blake Lucas(SR5.3/40), Eric Beard(SO5.8/40), Larry Don Baker(FR5.3/40), and I have been considered(JR4.9/40).Josh Hendrix returns @ the tailback, and either Willie Tidwell(SR) or myself at wingback. On defense we have an identical d-line and the DB maybe the weaker of the postions,Consisting of myself, Blake Lucas, Eric Beard, and Matt Davis(SO5.5/40) as the potental starters the LBs have high hopes and high potental. For an early peak myself and Josh Hendrix will be in the MSL combine on the 30th. and our Red/White game is on May 13th.

If you want some come get some, cause your time is up and our time is now!!!

MHS 20-05