Hickman CO

bluengold

They seem ok. I think all of the assts of Coach True are still here. A couple have been around for a while, but at least three of the are young and gung-ho. The players should relate very well to them.

I think our location helped us as much as anything. I 'think' Coach Swenson is from one town and his wife is from another. We happen to be in the middle.

Coach said we have the same type talent that he had at Huntington. That was good to hear! I do know he toured the school and met with the players before committing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem ok. I think all of the assts of Coach True are still here. A couple have been around for a while, but at least three of the are young and gung-ho. The players should relate very well to them.

I think our location helped us as much as anything. I 'think' Coach Swenson is from one town and his wife is from another. We happen to be in the middle.

Coach said we have the same type talent that he had at Huntington. That was good to hear! I do know he toured the school and met with the players before committing.

825653626[/snapback]

Coach is from East tn. down around Knoxville. His wife is from right here in Huntingdon, born here, raised here, cheerleader here. I know it had to be tough for her to move. Your getting a heck of a deal with her also. We think enough of them that they are getting a farewell party, no telling the number of folks who will be there. One last chance to talk them out of it. thumb

825653626[/snapback]

Same type of talent? Ahhhhh...right thumb

Hickmans athletes are not comparable to Huntington. When Fairview and Huntington played, they were both terrible. Last time Hickman was in 3A they were playing everybodies homecoming. When was the last time they were in the playoffs? Is anyone still alive that was alive then? thumb

825653779[/snapback]

In a school with 1200 kids as opposed to 400, i'd say they probably should have more. They probably don't have a boo or Donald but who else does? The thing thats got to be exciting for Hickman Co. is they are actually being talked about. And I would venture to say that their days of being Homecoming are fixing to end. thumb

Hickmans athletes are not comparable to Huntington. When Fairview and Huntington played, they were both terrible. Last time Hickman was in 3A they were playing everybodies homecoming. When was the last time they were in the playoffs? Is anyone still alive that was alive then? thumb

825653779[/snapback]

Wow. Amazing. The first person to ever say that Coach Swenson is wrong about anything. Hm.

Let's see, the athletes that will be playing this year used to run all over the Tri-County Football league back when they were twelve and thirteen. OK. That was a long time ago and they were kids. This just means they know what winning is like. Coach will just have to remind what it is.

You seem to forget, it doesn't matter who can remember back to the 9AA days, it matters what these 9-12 grade kids can do NOW. Quit living in the past. And besides what does Fairview have to do with this thread?

Wow. Amazing. The first person to ever say that Coach Swenson is wrong about anything. Hm.

Let's see, the athletes that will be playing this year used to run all over the Tri-County Football league back when they were twelve and thirteen. OK. That was a long time ago and they were kids. This just means they know what winning is like. Coach will just have to remind what it is.

You seem to forget, it doesn't matter who can remember back to the 9AA days, it matters what these 9-12 grade kids can do NOW. Quit living in the past. And besides what does Fairview have to do with this thread?

825654087[/snapback]

Don't listen to box brew, he doesn't represent Fairview in any way, he is from Mont. Central and has shown many times on this board how low his intelligence level is.

Guest catfish-hunter

boxbrew, you are a moron!!!

The '02 Fairview Yellow Jackets were anything but "terrible". Anybody that beats Huntingdon in the playoffs is anything but "terrible". You talked about Hickman Co.'s previous history when in fact your Mont. Cent. Indians have been just as worse as Hickman Co. Sure Mont. Cent. was a playoff team in '99 and '04, but they got throttled in the first round of the playoffs both of those years (Milan beat Mont. Cent. 59-0 in '99 and of course Jackson South Side crushed the Indians 49-0 last year). Mont. Cent. would have been a playoff team in 2000 because they beat Giles Co. that year, but an upset loss in the last week of the season (ironically it was at the hands of Hickman Co.) put them out of the playoff picture and Giles Co. & Sycamore went to the playoffs.

I'm sure you already knew that boxbrew seeing as how you believe that second round playoff teams are "terrible". What does that make Mont. Cent. (a team that has not won a playoff game since the stone ages)???

boxbrew, you are a moron!!!

The '02 Fairview Yellow Jackets were anything but "terrible".  Anybody that beats Huntingdon in the playoffs is anything but "terrible".  You talked about Hickman Co.'s previous history when in fact your Mont. Cent. Indians have been just as worse as Hickman Co.  Sure Mont. Cent. was a playoff team in '99 and '04, but they got throttled in the first round of the playoffs both of those years (Milan beat Mont. Cent. 59-0 in '99 and of course Jackson South Side crushed the Indians 49-0 last year).  Mont. Cent. would have been a playoff team in 2000 because they beat Giles Co. that year, but an upset loss in the last week of the season (ironically it was at the hands of Hickman Co.) put them out of the playoff picture and Giles Co. & Sycamore went to the playoffs. 

I'm sure you already knew that boxbrew seeing as how you believe that second round playoff teams are "terrible".  What does that make Mont. Cent. (a team that has not won a playoff game since the stone ages)???

825654656[/snapback]

Is the new school a done deal in East Hickman? That would really put them in a great spot. How is the support there from the administration? Some say its kinda shaky.

Is the new school a done deal in East Hickman? That would really put them in a great spot. How is the support there from the administration? Some say its kinda shaky.

825654687[/snapback]

Dirt is being moved. Money on land has been spent. The school will be built. They will be the East Hickman High School Eagles. Royal, Silver and White. I guess the colors could change, but the Board voted on the name of the school.

What support are you talking about? If it is the new school, nothing shaky at all. Now, some citizens say we don't need a school. The current school is crowded. Both schools (new and old) are designed to support 1200 students.

Dirt is being moved. Money on land has been spent. The school will be built. They will be the East Hickman High School Eagles. Royal, Silver and White. I guess the colors could change, but the Board voted on the name of the school.

What support are you talking about? If it is the new school, nothing shaky at all. Now, some citizens say we don't need a school. The current school is crowded. Both schools (new and old) are designed to support 1200 students.

825654709[/snapback]

I'm talking more about the support of the admin. towards football and athletics in general. I deliver to centerville sometimes and have heard the complaints. Why would the public be against building a new school? I'm sure its the standard arguement of property taxes. :D

I'm talking more about the support of the admin. towards football and athletics in general. I deliver to centerville sometimes and have heard the complaints. Why would the public be against building a new school? I'm sure its the standard arguement of property taxes. :D

825654714[/snapback]

You guessed it, taxes!

All I know is, we were in a meeting and the Director of Schools said that the Middle Schools WILL work with the High School and vice versa. I would say that who ever you deliver to doesn't have the whole story.

Some things I won't say in a public forum.