Substate Participation

ELITEBBALL,

With whomever you are talking to Spree 1024, me or anyone else on the msg. board. If there are concerns about accusations made or questions about or from the MEMPHIS GLORY program please contact ME directly. Yes, this board is to share opinions and common ideas, but when post like these that are continually generated they do not benefit any opinion, discussion or AAU basketball program.

If you are of the opinion that you must defend statements about your organization towards me, my contact information is listed below. I will be glad to discuss any issues you feel are relevant.

Tom Jackson

VICE PRESIDENT

MEMPHIS GLORY

901-482-6627

tjac768880@aol.com

Edited by tyjacks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELITEBBALL,

With whomever you are talking to Spree 1024, me or anyone else on the msg. board.  If there are concerns about accusations made or questions about or from the MEMPHIS GLORY program please contact ME directly.  Yes, this board is to share opinions and common ideas, but when post like these that are continually generated they do not benefit any opinion, discussion or AAU basketball program.

If you are of the opinion that you must defend statements about your organization towards me, my contact information is listed below.  I will be glad to discuss any issues you feel are relevant.

Tom Jackson

VICE PRESIDENT

MEMPHIS GLORY

901-482-6627

tjac768880@aol.com

825642936[/snapback]

I will do so in the future and ask the same consideration of you. I didn't choose this forum to start with and I agree it is inappropriate and pointless to air dirty laundry here. But I would also caution anyone who chooses to post accusations and misleading comments here or anywhere that it is only fair that the affected party will state its side of the issue. Let's move on...

The brackets for the East Tn Substate and the West TN Substate are now posted on the TN Girls AAU website.

Why so little participation in the West Substate? I realize that the Tigers and Elite have got very strong programs (speaking of 13U), but have they scared off all the competition? If so, then why not play Div. 2? There is not a Div 2 13u scheduled for Memphis. A Memphis Elite team was coming to the North Middle substate to play Div. 2.

Here is a breakdown of the number of teams listed on the brackets for the West Substate:

10u 3 teams

11u 5

12u 5

13u 2

14u 2

14u D2  2

15u 3

16u 2

16u D2  2

That is a total of 26 teams. This compares to 68 teams participating in the East Substate.

Also, does anyone know when the North Middle and South Middle brackets be available on-line?

825638677[/snapback]

For many teams in west tn the cost for playing aau is much to expensive. The difference in cost is at least $100 per tournament fee. Plus there is no player fee and you are guarenteed from 3 to 5 games per tournament entered. MAYB is much more cost effective for many teams specially teams from low income areas.

For many teams in west tn the cost for playing aau is much to expensive.  The difference in cost is at least $100 per tournament fee.  Plus there is no player fee and you are guarenteed from 3 to 5 games per tournament entered.  MAYB is much more cost effective for many teams specially teams from low income areas.

825644737[/snapback]

Let's not get caught up in a #'s game! It's not the quantity of teams, but the quality of teams in these age groups. It will show pretty good for the winner of the 10U, possibly 11U, and for SURE the 13U to come from West Tennessee with this few of teams. Good luck to all teams and PLEASE cheer on all the young ladies who play basketball (AAU or not), whether or not they are on the team that you support. thumb

I made the same offer to you weeks ago when you were posting rumors and opinions about our organization as Spree 1024.  It is obvious from the history of posts that you and Spree 1024 are either the same person or family(or both).  My purpose in posting is nothing more than to defend our organization against false accusations, and to correct where misleading information is being put out.  I agree this dialogue is pointless to continue and consider the discussion closed on my end.  I thought a message board was to debate opinions and share information.  Best of luck in your tournament this weekend and the upcoming sub-states.

825642650[/snapback]

The last time i checked I was Sam Parmenter, not sure what is meant here. It is OK and you have every right to defend your organiztion. But not in this way against others, I think this why fewer people post here than in the past. Good luck to your teams.

The last time i checked I was Sam Parmenter, not sure what is meant here. It is OK and you have every right to defend your organiztion. But not in this way against others, I think this why fewer people post here than in the past. Good luck to your teams.

825648216[/snapback]

Whatever you say Sam.... I really thought this was over with and we could move on. Be sure to come up and introduce yourself to me at this weekend's substates. I'm sure you'll be there with all of your interest in the Memphis Elite and Glory. And maybe then I can ask you about your interest in Coach Jackson's son and daughter who go to Briarcrest and are featured in many of your other posts on other message boards. For the record, none of my posts have been against anyone or anything except to clarify the mistruths that were posted by you as Spree 1024 last month and subsequent comments regarding the Elite organization and the Glory. I have no ax to grind with the Glory. I have the utmost respect for Dennis Colley and what he and the others achieved with the Memphis Waves. The decision was made to disband the Waves and certain Waves coaches and board members, including Dennis, decided to form the Glory. This organization will be judged on its success on the court, not by this message board, the past success of the Waves, or your or my opinion. I view it as another opportunity for young girls to play basketball and get quality instruction. There is nothing wrong with the exchange of information about these organizations and people are entitled to their opinions. You don't mind stating yours on many of these message boards and it appears you are challenged on them quite often. At least I'm not hiding behind a phantom name to start something and then posting as someone else to try and defuse the issue. I sincerely hope this foolishness will end and we can debate something constructive. Or better yet, just enjoy some basketball.

Whatever you say Sam....  I really thought this was over with and we could move on.  Be sure to come up and introduce yourself to me at this weekend's substates.  I'm sure you'll be there with all of your interest in the Memphis Elite and Glory.  And maybe then I can ask you about your interest in Coach Jackson's son and daughter who go to Briarcrest and are featured in many of your other posts on other message boards.  For the record, none of my posts have been against anyone or anything except to clarify the mistruths that were posted by you as Spree 1024 last month and subsequent comments regarding the Elite organization and the Glory.  I have no ax to grind with the Glory.  I have the utmost respect for Dennis Colley and what he and the others achieved with the Memphis Waves.  The decision was made to disband the Waves and certain Waves coaches and board members, including Dennis, decided to form the Glory.  This organization will be judged on its success on the court, not by this message board, the past success of the Waves, or your or my opinion.  I view it as another opportunity for young girls to play basketball and get quality instruction.  There is nothing wrong with the exchange of information about these organizations and people are entitled to their opinions.  You don't mind stating yours on many of these message boards and it appears you are challenged on them quite often.  At least I'm not hiding behind a phantom name to start something and then posting as someone else to try and defuse the issue.  I sincerely hope this foolishness will end and we can debate something constructive.  Or better yet, just enjoy some basketball.

825648629[/snapback]

I have moved on, it appears you have an ax to grind with someone, I would suggest you work your issues out with them. If there was no ax to grind, then why the long dissertation to my brief direct closing response? As far as my affiliation with Coach Jackson, I've never met him personally, I do know his daughter was on a AAU team that beat us by 50+ not to difficult to remember. Second talk to any major college or recruiting service about upcoming underclass football players from the Memphis area. Also I would suggest you not use this board to make personal references towards anyone , if you must, use their email for this type of discussion. I wasn't able to make over the the West substates this weekend, what was the results? I don't know who you are but I will make sure to find you and introduce myself, will you be at the 16U or 17U states?

I have moved on, it appears you have an ax to grind with someone, I would suggest you work your issues out with them. If there was no ax to grind, then why the long dissertation to my brief direct closing response? As far as my affiliation with Coach Jackson,  I've never met him personally, I do know his daughter was on a AAU team that beat us by 50+ not to difficult to remember. Second talk to any major college or recruiting service about upcoming underclass football players from the Memphis area. Also I would suggest you not use this board to make personal references towards anyone , if you must, use their email for this type of discussion. I wasn't able to make over the the West substates this weekend, what was the results? I don't know who you are but I will make sure to find you and introduce myself, will you be at the 16U or 17U states?

825649190[/snapback]

I identified myself to you the first post I responded to you. Let's agree to move on.....

ellitebball,

Oh, so you're the President of the Lady Elite program? As a word of advice only, officers within any organization would probably want to exercise reservation concerning accusations toward people or responses in a public forum. Sometimes the actions/words of leadership can make an unfair reflection of an organization. No problem though, I hope and plan to meet you at one of the state championships.

I agree lets move on, Best of Luck.

ellitebball,

Oh, so you're the President of the Lady Elite program? As a word of advice only, officers within any organization would probably want to exercise reservation concerning accusations toward people or responses in a public forum. Sometimes the actions/words of leadership can make an unfair reflection of an organization. No problem though, I hope and plan to meet you at one of the state championships. 

I agree lets move on, Best of Luck.

825649467[/snapback]

I certainly welcome the opportunity to visit with you in person. And as an officer of the Elite organization, I measure my words carefully to not reflect in any negative way the organization I represent. As to the choice of forum, I didn't even know about this forum until told about your initial posts about the Elite organization. You do seem to give a lot of "advice" to me that doesn't seem to apply to you and your posts. Again, I offer you my e-mail address gordon@memphisladyelite.org if you have any concerns about our organization or just want to arrange a face to face at the states you indicated you would be attending.