i smell a upset brewing.

CATBIDDLE

this may come back to haunt me but it could very well happen today at 5pm in soddy. i feel ooltewah has something to prove from the soddy tourn. rice will be on the mound for ooltewah and backed by a good infield. hope the outfield will rise to the ocassion.

Edited by CATBIDDLE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know an upset........ SD is a good fastball hitting team and Rice has a good one. Also do you think Ooltewah can hit Waters? Not doubting you at all, you may be right. I just wanted to hear your comments on that......This should be a good close game. Wish I could see it!

825638773[/snapback]

yes i do if they are patient. waters throws junk to make you swing and she gets u behind in the count and then clocks u with the fastball. if ooltewah can keep runners off the bases before cooper comes up they will be ok. she has hit the ball well off of rice in the last couple years.... some pretty good ifs.

yes i do if they are patient. waters throws junk to make you swing and she gets u behind in the count and then clocks u with the fastball. if ooltewah can keep runners off the bases before cooper comes up they will be ok. she has hit the ball well off of rice in the last couple years....  some pretty good ifs.

825638782[/snapback]

Soddy plays Baylor Wed. I don't see an upset for Soddy this week. I do not think Ooltewah has the hitters to win. Baylor's seniors can hit Waters but they have trouble getting hits back to back to score enough runs to overcome Soddy's bats.

Soddy plays Baylor Wed. I don't see an upset for Soddy this week. I do not think Ooltewah has the hitters to win. Baylor's seniors can hit Waters but they have trouble getting hits back to back to score enough runs to overcome Soddy's bats.

825638828[/snapback]

ooltewah has already beat baylor this year and beat them pretty good so i dont think u can put baylor in the eqasion. sorry not flaming you because i no alot of girls ont he baylor team but just not a good example.

ooltewah has already beat baylor this year and beat them pretty good so i dont think u can put baylor in the eqasion. sorry not flaming you because i no alot of girls ont he baylor team but just not a good example.

825638855[/snapback]

That is the dumbest think I read. You beat us 1-0 in a play day on a throwing error, Soddy beat you by 5 runs and Baylor by 1. do the math.

well the upset did not happen. soddy 7 to 3 over ooltewah. to many errors in the outfield.(same ol song and dance) im wondering when the ooltewah coach will get it that there are to many good players on the bench that will help this team in the outfield but till she does this team will get no better. same good hits by kirtley/saunders and jenkins but no help from the rest. too bad.

well the upset did not happen. soddy 7 to 3 over ooltewah. to many errors in the outfield.(same ol song and dance) im wondering when the ooltewah coach will get it that there are to many good players on the bench that will help this team in the outfield  but till she does this team will get no better. same good hits by kirtley/saunders and jenkins but no help from the rest. too bad.

825639022[/snapback]

I dont have a dog in this hunt, because I'm not from the Chattanooga area, but earlier in the year, a lot of Ooltewah fans were making excuses about the defense causing the losses, and that it would correct itself once more games are played. Well, the season is almost halfway over, and it looks like the same old, same old...OOltewah has been good about talking the talk, when are they going to start walking the walk?

I dont have a dog in this hunt, because I'm not from the Chattanooga area, but earlier in the year, a lot of Ooltewah fans were making excuses about the defense causing the losses, and that it would correct itself once more games are played. Well, the season is almost halfway over, and it looks like the same old, same old...OOltewah has been good about talking the talk, when are they going to start walking the walk?

825639112[/snapback]

I agree Ooltewah has great pitching but when their defense has to back up the pitching it can get really sloppy. And if they have a bench they should use it.

I agree Ooltewah has great pitching but when their defense has to back up the pitching it can get really sloppy.  And if they have a bench they should use it.

825639126[/snapback]

Well according to the paper Rice gave up 12 hits. I guess if the defense don't get a glove on it and just stand there and watch it fall in then it goes as a base hit. I have said all year Soddy has a great team. Ooltewah wouldn't have beat a 10 year old team yesterday. They have been winning games on pitching alone and that will catch up to you. Rice threw with no confidence. She certainly didn't "pitch" yesterday. She looked terrible. And every girl that was mentioned for getting a hit here and in the paper had an error in that game. Well, maybe not an error if you just stand there and let it go by I think that will be scored a hit. Ooltewah's outfield is the worst I have ever seen. Coach Nelson and Coach Lasley need to address some of these issues with this team!!!!!!!!!!! like weeks ago! I will not make excuses for the team. Soddy beat them and they hit the # 1 pitcher. I would however like to address the parent who made an excuse for his daughter when she made an error and he said oh well, everybody else did it. Does that make it o.k.? Maybe the oh well attitudes of some of the players are coming from home. Yes, Ooltewah has a big bench and it's past time to try something different. Sometimes girls need to know the bench is big enough for everyone to take a turn on. Give them a wake up call. A little competition is good for the soul. Ooltewah's starters need to know there are other girls that would love an opportunity to play.