Nashville Single "A" Teams

sportsguy1

whatever you say KK, but a W's a W. They could've done something about it.

825641356[/snapback]

Well Shelb...a win is a win... when it counts. Maybe no one has told you yet, but scrimage games don't count on a teams record...So congrats CA for beating Ezell's FR. and Soph. in a scrimage game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever you say KK, but a W's a W. They could've done something about it.

825641356[/snapback]

CA is a good team, but I have to agree with KK....preseason scrimmages arent worth the paper they use to write down a lineup....except to let inexperienced players get an opportnity to play and show what they have. I hope you have more to brag about than to beat someone in a scrimmage.

Wait a second, does EZELL have any upperclass pitchers left? Since Brit stopped pitching and Mac transferred away the balance of power has shifted slightly.

Coach F still does a fine job and I hope they make a charge at the end of the season.

PS - CA has really improved their squad. I hope they make a splash in their division this year.

Wait a second, does EZELL have any upperclass pitchers left?  Since Brit stopped pitching and Mac transferred away the balance of power has shifted slightly.

Coach F still does a fine job and I hope they make a charge at the end of the season.

PS - CA has really improved their squad.  I hope they make a splash in their division this year.

825643893[/snapback]

Ezell has Karen Birdwell (sr.) and Nicole Johnson (fr.) Karen has a good spin on the ball, and Nicole throws hard and also has great spins. Ezell's defense has inproved a lot, and they aren't depending on their pitching as much as they have in the past.

My reference to them being a "little down" is meant compared to their glory years when they won the state every year....and this team doesnt come close to those teams. They used to not have to take a back seat to anyone...and they arent even in the same zip code as goodpasture...I havent noticed any quality wins yet...who were they against?

825639914[/snapback]

Ezell does have some quality wins. Check the box scores. For one, Ezell beat Beach.

Ezell does have some quality wins. Check the box scores. For one, Ezell beat Beach.

825648971[/snapback]

I checked the scores that are listed, and dont see any that say Ezell beat Beech...since you didnt spell Beech right, does that mean you dont know what you are talking about like you told the other person?

I checked the scores that are listed, and dont see any that say Ezell beat Beech...since you didnt spell Beech right, does that mean you dont know what you are talking about like you told the other person?

825649489[/snapback]

Ezell beat Beech yesterday 5-4 in the tournament in Hopkinsville, KY. They also placed in the #1 bracket which is better than Brentwood High can say, they only made the #2 seed. Ezell also played Christian Co. high who is a powerhouse in AAA softball in KY. Ezell lost but only 2-0 on two unearned runs in the first inning. They never gave up though, the bats just werent working for them in that game, otherwise it would have been a different story. I think that says a lot about how Ezell ball is this year. Yeah they've had some crappy seasons recently but this team has a whole new attitude. They've got great leadersip in their Seniors and Juniors and I think they are gonna continue to surprise a bunch of people.

I haven't seen any high school teams play this year, so all I know is what I read and what I am told over the phone, and from what I have heard and read, Ezell is a better team than last year. And that is not easy for me to say b/c they are only missing one person from last year and I would like to think that person helped, but whatever. I don't know about having the best team they have had in the past 2 years b/c the 2003 season we had a strong team, just lacked experience.

But quality wins, let's see, a tie with a program as atrong as Father Ryan early in the season for a young team is quality. A win over a program like Brentwood Academy is quality.

Good luck this season Ezell, I am proud to be a Lady Eagle.

Ezell beat Beech yesterday 5-4 in the tournament in Hopkinsville, KY. They also placed in the #1 bracket which is better than Brentwood High can say, they only made the #2 seed. Ezell also played Christian Co. high who is a powerhouse in AAA softball in KY. Ezell lost but only 2-0 on two unearned runs in the first inning. They never gave up though, the bats just werent working for them in that game, otherwise it would have been a different story. I think that says a lot about how Ezell ball is this year. Yeah they've had some crappy seasons recently but this team has a whole new attitude. They've got great leadersip in their Seniors and Juniors and I think they are gonna continue to surprise a bunch of people.

825649778[/snapback]

From people that I know that was at that tourney, Ezell was in the easiest bracket. and althought beating Beech is a good win, they didnt pitch their no. 1 pitcher. Brentwood was in the toughest bracket, and they beat Christian County in their own tourney 4-0 a couple of weeks ago. Also, dont rest your laurels from beating BA and tying Ryan this year, because they are only average, at best. Hope Ezell does well the rest of the season, and maybe they can make it to State, but its going to be tough because they cant beat Goodpasture, and there are some other pretty good Class A teams that they will have to play to get there.

Edited by Bleacherbum

Guest SoftballShelb28

825649489[/snapback]

Yeah, what about that KK..?

Well I wish all the best for Ezell also. I know how bad they want to make it back to state and hopefully they will reach their goal! Yeah Goodpasture is a good team, but don't count Ezell out so easy. I'm not saying Ezell is gonna go out there and kill GP but hopefully it will be a better game this year. Keep working hard girls!

EzellSoftball04 good luck at UT! Keep playing hard!

From people that I know that was at that tourney, Ezell was in the easiest bracket. and althought beating Beech is a good win, they didnt pitch their no. 1 pitcher. Brentwood was in the toughest bracket, and they beat Christian County in their own tourney 4-0 a couple of weeks ago. Also, dont rest your laurels from beating BA and tying Ryan this year, because they are only average, at best. Hope Ezell does well the rest of the season, and maybe they can make it to State, but its going to be tough because they cant beat Goodpasture, and there are some other pretty good Class A teams that they will have to play to get there.

825650035[/snapback]

Ezell can't help what bracket they were put into. Don't take away from the girls bc of that. Beech could have put Kassie in at any point but, they chose not to. Ezell out played Beech in the field and out hit them at the plate. I think you should see for yourself how good Ezell is this year. Come out and watch them play.

Edited by kid10