Nashville Single "A" Teams

sportsguy1

From people that I know that was at that tourney, Ezell was in the easiest bracket. and althought beating Beech is a good win, they didnt pitch their no. 1 pitcher. Brentwood was in the toughest bracket, and they beat Christian County in their own tourney 4-0 a couple of weeks ago. Also, dont rest your laurels from beating BA and tying Ryan this year, because they are only average, at best. Hope Ezell does well the rest of the season, and maybe they can make it to State, but its going to be tough because they cant beat Goodpasture, and there are some other pretty good Class A teams that they will have to play to get there.

825650035[/snapback]

Ezell doesn't have to beat Goodpasture to go to state. They are in the same district and region, so they can't play each other in sub-state.... They can both go.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Pope John Paul on a quality win over Ezell.

825651045[/snapback]

Jessie Ford(Soph) started pitching for Ezell. PJP scored 3 earned runs off of her in the first inning. Karen Birdwell(Sr) came in during the second inning and completely shut out PJP. PJP had one hit off of Karen the entire game. The score was 3-2 because Ezell did not throw there best, and if they had it would have been a different story. That game didn't matter to Ezell, district games do.

Ezell doesn't have to beat Goodpasture to go to state. They are in the same district and region, so they can't play each other in sub-state.... They can both go.

825650831[/snapback]

Thank you for your excellent point. Ezell will go to state wait and see. GO Lady Vols!!!!Love you 25!!!

From people that I know that was at that tourney, Ezell was in the easiest bracket. and althought beating Beech is a good win, they didnt pitch their no. 1 pitcher. Brentwood was in the toughest bracket, and they beat Christian County in their own tourney 4-0 a couple of weeks ago. Also, dont rest your laurels from beating BA and tying Ryan this year, because they are only average, at best. Hope Ezell does well the rest of the season, and maybe they can make it to State, but its going to be tough because they cant beat Goodpasture, and there are some other pretty good Class A teams that they will have to play to get there.

825650035[/snapback]

825650035[/snapback]

Beech had 11 hits in that game to Ezell's 4. Beech also made 4 errors allowing all 5 of Ezell's unearned runs.

Goodpasture is in a league of their own in single A. Ezell is improved over last year, but I think too many people are counting FRA's third place finish in the state last year as a fluke. They beat Ezell today 5-4, but I heard were up 5-0 with two outs in the top of the 7th before a grand slam made the score respectable. FRA's pitching is strong with Courtney Woodside, and they have a great freshman catcher in Emily Canady. The shortstop, Lauren Huddleston may have the best range and arm of any around.

It will be a fun run to the end of the season, and don't forget Davidson and Forest in the mix as well.

Thank you for your excellent point. Ezell will go to state wait and see. GO Lady Vols!!!!Love you 25!!!

825651225[/snapback]

If (or when, whatever you want to say, I am in no place to make that call) Ezell goes to state you better get every game on video so the kid who couldn't take you there last year can see the games b/c I won't ne home in time, I will be workin on getting to the College World Series.

Also, I want to thank Amanda Bagwell's (Goodpasture) dad for coming out to Clarksville today and supporting us against Austin Peay, it was GREAT to see a familiar face, even if it was odd to have him cheering for me. haha. I really appreciate the support and I am just sorry I didn't perform better, but that's the way it goes, and for now, there is always tomorrow.