USN gets dropped by Ravenwood

Brouha25

Yesterday afternoon Ravenwood went to USN to play their 3rd game against a DI team, and for a third time they won. Ravenwood put up 13 to USN's 8. Ravenwood sophomore attack John Wilson had a break out game with 5 goals and 1 assist, sophomore midfielder Phillip Burke helped with the cause tacking on 3 goals and 1 assist. Unfortunately USN's stats are not yet up. So when they are I'll get back to this post and let everyone know how USN's threats Swanson and Chambers played.

After a quick jaunt over to Stats Depot, one thing I immediately notice about USN is abysmal goalie play. I'm not sure if the defense is just awful and gives up multiple one-on-one's, but no team can expect to win any games if their keeper is averaging about a 40% save percentage.

USN graduated two pretty good goalies last year, one of whom (I can't remember which) was the main reason MUS lost to USN 3 years ago in Chatanooga when he stood on his head against what was a potent offense (albeit one not really that motivated at that point in the season, but I digress). I'm surprised that the coaches haven't tried to find any better replacements, as they obviously know that this kind of performance isn't worthy of a starting job.

I don't like to come down hard on players I've never gotten a chance to watch play, but I think most people would agree with me that a relatively athletic kid with average hand-eye coordination and an understanding of the game should be able to pull at least a 50% save percentage, especially against some of the teams that USN has played.

Usn is definatly hurting between the pipes. The defense actually is pretty good, they forced a lot of outside shots against ravenwood but a lot still went in. USN has a lot of potential with their attack who can all create goals they just need a little stronger midfield and some more experience in the cage.

Edited by laxative