District 7A

kaeXo

Peters was probalby the best,last time that I talked to him Tech may have wanted him to walk on and try out that was a couple of years ago.

825642064[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Cumberland University was interested in him a few years ago if I remember correctly.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Cumberland did offer me half tuition. I had to cover the books, and the housing and other expenses. I had also just bought a car and thought it would be a good idea to get a job and go to tech. If they (tech) would have offered anything the situation may have took a turn. I made a mistake that I see now and wish I could go back about three years so if anyone offers anyone anything and you like the school at all and they are going to pay for your school TAKE IT or you will definately regret it. Three years ago I was just young and dumb. Green are you still at Roane?

Edited by bigmamma

Don't really matter, but I thought I would say it.  Russell went 4 for 4 ,2 doubles and 2 singles vs Montery tonight.  1 double and 1 single coming off of Walker, and the others coming off #3, Don't know his name.

825642319[/snapback]

kaexo, I don't know what your smokin but if I'm not mistaken the Russell kid only batted twice, maybe three times and I don't recall seeing a double come from anyone much less two. It was a five inning game with Walker throwing 34 pitches through 3, Ward with 14 pitches in the 4th, and Phillips with 23or24 pitches in the fifth because of a couple walks... The two times I seen the Russell kid hit he nubbed one back to the pitcher, and fought one off of the handle that drop in shallow rt field, not exactly a laser..... Stop tryin to pump this guy up. I was trying to be nice earlier and give the benefit of the doubt, but he couldn't play for Vo-Tec, and they don't have a baseball team!! I mean when you call a pitch- out and you still can't throw the 5th or 6th fastest runner out(not even close). Stop blowin smoke kaeXo. :(

Edited by Mr. Polesit

kaexo, I don't know what your smokin but if I'm not mistaken the Russell kid only batted twice, maybe three times and I don't recall seeing a double come from anyone much less two.  It was a five inning game with Walker throwing 34 pitches through 3, Ward with 14 pitches in the 4th, and Phillips with 23or24 pitches in the fifth because of a couple walks...  The two times I seen the Russell kid hit he nubbed one back to the pitcher, and fought one off of the handle that drop in shallow rt field, not exactly a laser..... Stop tryin to pump this guy up.  I was trying to be nice earlier and give the benefit of the doubt, but he couldn't play for Vo-Tec, and they don't have a baseball team!!  I mean when you call a pitch- out and you still can't throw the 5th or 6th fastest runner out(not even close).  Stop blowin smoke kaeXo.  :(

825642387[/snapback]

Well said Mr.Polesit.

Yeah Cumberland did offer me half tuition. I had to cover the books, and the housing and other expenses. I had also just bought a car and thought it would be a good idea to get a job and go to tech. If they (tech) would have offered anything the situation may have took a turn. I made a mistake that I see now and wish I could go back about three years so if anyone offers anyone anything and you like the school at all and they are going to pay for your school TAKE IT or you will definately regret it. Three years ago  I was just young and dumb. Green are you still at Roane?

825642354[/snapback]

Long time ,no see,have have you been bigmamma?

I heard that William Russell from Hermitage Springs, was already being looked @ by Tennessee Tech's baseball program.  I talked 2 Mike Sneed and he said if his numbers are right, Russell is batting .350, 1 Homerun, with only 3 strike outs, with 20 stolen bases on 20 attempts.  And if I am not mistaken he is only a Junior.

825640409[/snapback]

Batting .350 for HS is not saying alot considering HS Nevers sees the top one or two pitchers for the opposing team, because they are saving there best pitchers for another game! If this kid is any good at all, he should be batting .550 to .600 considering the pitching he faces compared to the pitching some of the top players in the district face!

kaexo, I don't know what your smokin but if I'm not mistaken the Russell kid only batted twice, maybe three times and I don't recall seeing a double come from anyone much less two.  It was a five inning game with Walker throwing 34 pitches through 3, Ward with 14 pitches in the 4th, and Phillips with 23or24 pitches in the fifth because of a couple walks...  The two times I seen the Russell kid hit he nubbed one back to the pitcher, and fought one off of the handle that drop in shallow rt field, not exactly a laser..... Stop tryin to pump this guy up.  I was trying to be nice earlier and give the benefit of the doubt, but he couldn't play for Vo-Tec, and they don't have a baseball team!!  I mean when you call a pitch- out and you still can't throw the 5th or 6th fastest runner out(not even close).  Stop blowin smoke kaeXo.  ;)

825642387[/snapback]

Didn't throw anyone out when we played them either...even when they stole 3rd base... ;):(

Edited by swanson71

Yeah Cumberland did offer me half tuition. I had to cover the books, and the housing and other expenses. I had also just bought a car and thought it would be a good idea to get a job and go to tech. If they (tech) would have offered anything the situation may have took a turn. I made a mistake that I see now and wish I could go back about three years so if anyone offers anyone anything and you like the school at all and they are going to pay for your school TAKE IT or you will definately regret it. Three years ago  I was just young and dumb. Green are you still at Roane?

825642354[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm still at Roane State, but I'm not playing. Hurt my arm last year. Then again this fall so I called it quits. Don't feel like have surgery just to be able to play for one year. Just waiting to go to Tech next year. Where you going to school?

Edited by 5