MUS 9 CBHS 6

wavelax1

i dont think the officiating was too terrible. yes there were some calls that should have been called against CBHS to make it a little more consistent, but it didn't affect the outcome of the game. both teams fought hard and my hats off to Dan Gibson. ever since CBHS shut him down the first time, he has been on fire. 4 goals last night. excellent game, Dan. as for the goalies, Rainer made some saves that he didn't make the first game. Taylor faced some one-on-one situations which MUS scored on. as for the MUS crowd, a bunch of punks with NO CLASS. you dont cuss at the players.

i think CBHS is the better team of the two, but beating a team like MUS is very hard to do in one season. congrats to MUS for playing well against the Brothers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whettem u r a moron. I was in town for this game and it was pathetic; u could clearly see the bias towards mus as the final penalty outcome was mus had 19 penalties and cbhs had 7. as to ur comment about the fans; cbhs's fans r the punks and #28 is an toehole. He is possibly the dirtiest and cheapest player i have ever seen in a game of lacrosse (and i've been involved for many years). the brothers (except for a few) have and always will be jerks, also their parents r usually the same exact way.

Kapman, i dont suspect you were at the game considering you're up north somewhere. the MUS student section was out of control. our fans are no doubt obnoxious, but they are not as bad as the MUS student section last night. they cussed and yelled at us all night. after the game, they threw a ball at us when we were getting our bags and putting our equipment away. i would classify that as classless. when i was walking out of the stadium, one of the MUS students told me i stunk. it was uncalled for. as for you, dkslakdfj, i dont think i'm a moron. i agree that some calls should not have been made against MUS but it didnt alter the outcome of the game and not to mention that #13 was out of control and took a cheap shot on Miles Carter (#6) that wasnt even called. he knocked the crap out of him when he didnt have the ball and the ball was NOT on the ground. granted #28 for us has a short temper, but i dont think it is anywhere close to #13's behavior last night. i am not slighting #13, he's a good player but has a bit of an anger problem. also, dkslakdfj, you have no place to call our parents jerks. sure, we might be sometimes, but that comment was uncalled for. that is just ignorant.

he said something to ref about the fantom timeout that MUS called when Gibson was driving to the cage (why MUS would call a timeout when their best player is driving to the cage, i dont know). we (CBHS) got the ball from him and we almost at midfeild when the refs blew the wistle and gave the ball to MUS. Chris said something and so they gave him a conduct foul.

Kapman, i dont suspect you were at the game considering you're up north somewhere. the MUS student section was out of control. our fans are no doubt obnoxious, but they are not as bad as the MUS student section last night. they cussed and yelled at us all night. after the game, they threw a ball at us when we were getting our bags and putting our equipment away. i would classify that as classless. when i was walking out of the stadium, one of the MUS students told me i stunk. it was uncalled for. as for you, dkslakdfj, i dont think i'm a moron. i agree that some calls should not have been made against MUS but it didnt alter the outcome of the game and not to mention that #13 was out of control and took a cheap shot on Miles Carter (#6) that wasnt even called. he knocked the crap out of him when he didnt have the ball and the ball was NOT on the ground. granted #28 for us has a short temper, but i dont think it is anywhere close to #13's behavior last night. i am not slighting #13, he's a good player but has a bit of an anger problem.  also, dkslakdfj, you have no place to call our parents jerks. sure, we might be sometimes, but that comment was uncalled for. that is just ignorant.

825647568[/snapback]

I totally agree with you number 28 is a punk and has a hot temper, but he doesnt ever take it as far as scales, #13. #28 didnt attack anyone like scales. All he does it talk a lot of trash. He doesnt take it that far. Scales tackled someone at least 10 secs after #6 had thrown it just because a flag for slashing was called. If anyone needs to be reprimaded for his classlessness it is SCALES. 28 just needs to be hit and he will shut his mouth. I think we should quit this because its not getting anywhere. CBHS had #28 being unsportsmanlike. And MUS had #13 being unsportsmanlike. Seems even to me.

I don't think I kicked anybody, but everyone has their dirty little tricks.  When I am on top of somebody, yeah I lean into them, that's porbably what you saw, and yeah, I am guilty of that completely.  Everyone does those little things, like when crease attackmen jab me in the ribs with the butt end of their stick when I am covering them. That kind of thing happens.  I was not out to play cheap, in fact I didn't have a single penalty during the first half of play.  I did lose it and run over two picks, which was dirty and uncalled for, and for that I apologize.  I lost my head, no excuse.

825646820[/snapback]

yeah one of those "picks" was me. but hey man its cool everyone gets upset but only the random few no how to control it.

Just to bring things back to the fan situation, I don't like hearing that MUS fans have been behaving so poorly at games. I noticed a little bit more raucousness (read: insults directed at the opposing team) than I thought appropriate at the Nequa Valley Game, which was only made worse by the fact that at the time we were beating them by 10 goals. There's no need to continue to abuse the opposition at that point, they're getting enough grief on the field. But even during rivalry games, some decorum is necessary. It doesn't make anybody look good when fans get in shouting matches with players; the player looks like a hothead for getting into it with the spectators, and the fan just looks like an ###### to everyone except his friends.

Basically, I never really bought into the whole "right" of a fan to heckle during games. A little bit directed in good humor is fine, but calling out specific players and cussing them out just to get their goat is not really classy. Leave it to the guys on the field, don't debase yourself by acting like a petulant adolescent (which enough of the fans are, I guess, but thats no excuse).

Kapman, i'm glad you understand. all fans heckle players, but i feel that MUS fans took it a little too far last night. esp. when they threw a ball at us after the game. that is jsut bad sportsmanship. and yelling at players after the game is over outside the stadium telling them they stink isn't called for either.

hopefully, we will see MUS in the playoffs. i love the rivalry.

Edited by wehttam917

I believe you are failing to mention a couple of thigns the CBHS players did. If I recall, while just getting a little heckling a CBHS player flicks off the entire crowd. What do you expect? A crowd that has high spirit only gets more ferocious, especially at a RIVALRY game which I have been trying to emphasize the whole time.

I also saw CBHS parents yelling at MUS players so please don't give me this "MUS has no class" junk when I am clearly seeing the same actions from grown adults.

Here's a rant-

Officiating was clearly an issue in Memphis last weekend.  How is the game growing so quickly in Memphis, but there only seems to be 4 officials in the entire city?  By the end of the CBHS game, Taylor looked like a beaten man.    Ties to the school shouldn't be an issue when assigning, but a solution might be to assign 3 to each game and have one controlling the sideline and coaches.  The number one factor seemed to be consistency, and that comes with experience.  Unfortunately, the only practice ref's get are actual games.  Another random point:  the teams that seem to be complaining the most are those that came out victorious.  McCallie complains about #28, you won!  MUS complains about the Purple Wave losing their focus - YOU WON!  Did the calls affect the final outcome of the game?

825647338[/snapback]

would you really like to hear either team if they had lost?

Edited by reLAX