Coffee County?

redraiderfan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my hopes are high will have le-hawkins and west in the back field and that is a lot of speed hibdon will be back at qb i talked to him a few days ago and he seems very confident i think we will have a better season this year than last, the only thing i have figured out yet is, will it be the bull or the boy wonder replacing nunley coach price will have the team ready good luck Raiders

Have no fear Raider fans the "Price" is right when it comes to football...He gets his players to give everything they got on the field....I remember we at Soddy were in the same situation when our top running back at the time Jarvis Smith was graduating that year.and out of no where a promising young freshman Lydel Blue took the field against Smith Co..and blazed their defense for miles of yardage...Bill will have things ready to go come time for the season...He's a good coach...

You mean he hasn't ran everybody off yet. Give it time.

825650899[/snapback]

Coach Price has succeeded at Coffee County because, unlike his stint at Bradley Central, he doesn't play favorites like the folks in Cleveland expected him to do. Coach Price is a hard worker who expects nothing less from his players. If you don't give him 110% you might as well go home.

Coach Price has succeeded at Coffee County because, unlike his stint at Bradley Central, he doesn't play favorites like the folks in Cleveland expected him to do.  Coach Price is a hard worker who expects nothing less from his players.  If you don't give him 110%  you might as well go home.

825651001[/snapback]

If you are an expert on Bradley Central, tell us how. Price didn't want football players playing any other sports. He wanted them in the weight room 365. He succeeded in isolating the football program from all the other sports causing a lot of athletes to choose football or something else. If you remember, BC had some success the first two years then the program went down hill from there when everybody left to play other sports.

Bill Prices record at BC was 28-28 the year he arrived they were 0-10. He took the Bears to the 1st Region Championship since 1976 and runner up the next. They beat the eventual state champs (Servierville) They lost 4 games to McCallie state champs and 2 to Red Bank.

He also had several 2 sport athletes just to name a few Blake Goodner, Blake Morris, Charlie Goforth , Lee Jackson, Al Morris, Tyler Westmoreland, Tarvis Ogle, Clint Scroggins Nathant Center and Matt Moody. Just to name a few.

The problem with the program began with Bob Taylor. Coach Price arrived at BCHS with 2 feeder programs and left with one which was not very good. See how well Coach Allen will do. He probably has already talked about a scholarshhip program for kids who stay with the program for 4 years. See if any of his players at LFO recived any money. They say be careful what you wish for you just might get it. Well you got Allen and in time you'll get whats comming.

Since Price has been gone for two years whats your excuse for losing ? Just because he expected football season to be attendend by football players and did not kiss kids butt like AAU basketball, wrestling after a certain date your were to be in football and I don't see a problem with that its called team dedication. Then you even had some basketball players and wrestling players out the last couple years and you still lose. So since Price has been gone for two years whats your excuses for stinking it up so bad?

I hope BC is rising because it sure can't get much lower.

Every program that Price has been at has done better than when he took it over and that includes your losing again BCHS.

last time i checked this thread wasn't about Bradley Central it was about Coffee County. I could care less what anyone from BC thinks about Price as a coach, he has done a great job here the players that I talk to love playing for him. a football program in Tennessee is kind-of the mouthpeice of the community and since he came to Coffee County people care about atheletics again. People are excited about football it is a lot better atmosphere than when the last bunch of "coaches" were here. It has not only affected the high school team but also the middle school team, they had their first winning season in God knows how long this past year and that is in a big part due to the fact that the kids are excited to play again because they know they are not just going to be on a another loosing team.

The answer is 22. Thats how many recieved scholarships at LFO. Why did Bradley Central continue to lose after Price's departure? They kept all the same coaches that were assembled under Price. And again, there were a lot of athletes would not play football because of Price and his rules. Maybe he is a good fit at Coffee. Everybody plays football because they aren't any good at anything else. If so, you can keep him, but don't advertise him as a great coach