• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's just a few on offense:

Gulmire - enough said.

RB Leonard Blair, RB Daniel Johnson both 1st team All-Region

WR Revel Coffey - 1st team All-State DB, JJ Wells - average his play-off numbers through the entire season and he's an All-State candidate. Look for Danny Parris to move to WR (Region Special Teams player of the year and starting safety)

OL Returning starters Josh Whaley (1st team all region), Tyler Trent (HM all region?), and Eli Manning (all region?)

Probably Gulmire. Coffey is too big of a weapon at other positions. He still may line-up at quarterback from time to time. But what do I know I'm just a bad cook. Just joking. sorry but it's time for a little fun on here. We have bad mouthed each other enough. All thats over now we have a new coach so let's get it on Tyrone. On to the BORO!!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

As well as Coffey being too big of a weapon at other positions, consider the time spent conferring with coaches over offensive adjustments while the defense is on the field. This would take an All-State DB off the field. Yet I still can't wait to see him do some magic at QB when the situation allows.

With all the other weapons available, C. Gulmire will not have to win games at QB for a while. He should be able to mature into a fine QB as the season progresses.

Who should be the candidates for center, guard, and TE? All other positions have returning starters in place. I heard Jake Vane might give TE a shot.

Edited by OR nole

Stevens is the man and I am sure he will put the athletes on the field. I am just having fun thinking about football season. So here is what I think it might be.

This is off I am sure. There will be some kids that will work their butts off in the weight room and step up to fill some of the places I have filled with guys that would have to go both ways for this scenario to play out. Kids change alot from sophs to juniors and seniors. I have heard there are some very good linemen coming up.

The Oak Ridge D will be dominating. Stevens will make sure of that. He has the talent and he has a football mind. By that I mean he can think on the run and make adjustments quickly. I really think the kids will play for him as well as their teammates and community.

The secondary will be small in height besides Coffey but what they lack in height they make up in tenacity. My guess the secondary will look something like this

CB Coffey

CB Bingham

S Paris

S Reed

JJ wells will see alot of playing time as well as C.Gulmire in the secondary (not withstanding the QB situtation)

Coffey is a interception threat anytime he is on the field.

Binghim has great leaping ability and solid open field tackling skills

Reed and Paris are in my opinion two under estimated wrecking machines

JJ Wells brings a little height great timing going up for the ball and solid hands as well as C.Gulmire

LB Blair, S.Gulmire

LB Johnson, Vane

R Helton

I think there may be some Juniors that will step up in the robber role, Helton comes to mind. Look for him and Bingham to run the ball on offense after halftime

Blair is as hard nosed as they come he is a punisher

Johnson can fly, look for him to set up shop in the opositions backfield

Of course S.Gulmire has three years at that position, look up football player in websters and his picture is there.

Vane is one tough kid and also enjoys laying the smackdown

Helton is very fast and a solid tackler perfect for the robber position

DT Whaley

DT Trent

Whaley and Trent are two big guys that can plug the middle I dont see teams getting very many yards in their territory

Brandon Paul and Eli Manning will see some time on the D line. They will bring some speed to those positions. I look for some sophs and juniors step up here

Edited by Wildmanfan

I think the big guys are gonna need some help but what I hear the sophs have some guys that could possibly help out there. Just need to hit the weights hard. I know I am overlooking some juniors too that will have an impact.

And yes I did forget Baldwin, and Murray I was thinking they were seniors last year I have good things to say about those guys too Murray is as tough as they come he makes teams have to consider him in their game plans.

And what can be said about Murray, that kid is always in the right spot he plays that position almost to perfection. How many fumble recoveries did he have last year. Thats called a nose for the ball.

SO am I right now that on defense the only two positions that aren't theoretically covered are Muholland and Mitchell's positions? I tell ya though thats two that will be missed.