Beech

Gville80

Being in the opposite dugout from Beech a few times I will say that Coach Hayes' teams are well coached, and play hard. With that being said, I don't see a wealth of talent on this team. They have a couple of really good pitchers (one of which is hurt and this has effected the team). If you Beech People keep whining, you will lose a good coach that puts his all into the program. I'm sure he'd rather be watching his kids play ball than listening to your abuse about how so-in-so should be playing here and not there. But if you think that bickering about this and that will run off Mike Hayes, you have another thing coming. The problem isn't coaching. These kids are coached up. The team really has no leadership in the upper classes. As good as they may be, sophomores and juniors just will not lead much. You need good senior leadership. When I saw them earlier this year, they were playing younger kids, which tells me that the older kids aren't getting the job done. Coach Hayes is around this team more than any person or parent and he knows HIS TEAM BEST. If he is playing younger kids over the older ones, it isn't because he wants the senior parents mad at him, (he knows this is going to happen) It's because he's trying to win a ball game with the players playing the best ball for him at the time. If you parents/fans want Beech to succeed, then maybe you should quit all this, "It's the coach's fault we ain't no good. Little Johnny hit .750 with 25 HRs and was 15-0 on the mound when he played for me in little league. He should be twice that good now. It's gotta be the coach's fault," and actually back up your son's coach and encourage your son to look to excel under his coach I bet things will turn around. Beech's problem isn't coaching, they only have decent but not great talent (no hitters that really scare a pitcher), and they are always looking for something to go wrong so they can tank it. Get off the coach's back, and start looking at the man in the mirror that keeps looking back at you. You show the coach some outward support towards your son and the other players instead of back-biting and second guessing his everymove, and you'll see rewards that will benefit them not only in the short term, but in the long run too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayes is a good coach and a class act. He teaches the fundamentals of the game well and has all of his players playing good, competitive summer baseball.

But another aspect of coaching is getting results out of players. He seemingly hasn't done that. Maybe that's not the best part of his coaching abilities.

He's a class act though. They're aren't many coaches around that I'd more like to see experience success.

Beech will make some noise in 9-AAA before the year is over, if they don't just throw in the towel after their poor start.

I'm a big Hayes fan. He is a man of integrity and character with the noteable exception of when he loses his tee shot to the left. I cannot think of anyone who I'd rather my children be around and learn from than Coach Hayes whether it's baseball, biology or life.

Beech started the year 10-2. Lots to live up to.

Geez, Johnnie, I'm sorry I misspoke and to be brutally honest, I am quite sure you know more than I would about the situation.  But then if we're being brutally honest, you didn't really "quit" coaching either. 

(And how many screen names does one person need?)

825654249[/snapback]

jdmtpb - has always been and always will be my one and only screenname - unless you go to hsbaseballweb and i use jd-tennesseebaseball report, but then of course in10city really tells us who you are? why don't you email me at tbca@tbca.org and we'lll discuss this privately.

And you spelling of my name is incorrect too - John or Johnny, you are such a know it all aren't you? And perhaps if you knew as much as you think you did, the world would be a better place.

And regardless of whether you think I quit or not, doesn't matter, neither does any other of the stuff you seem to want to bring up matters either - your post said I left debt - my point is that I did not.

Edited by jdmtpb

• 3 weeks later...

Hey jerk wad in10city, perhaps the person you are referring to was using his private planning period. Knowing him personally, I would almost guarantee that was what he was doing.

The main question remains, what will the principal at Beech do now that the bucs baseball season is finished? This another year where the Bucs baseball team does not even make it to the region. I hate to bring this up, but the idiot principal fired his football coach two years from competing in a region championship game and losing by 2 points. How can he not justify getting a new baseball coach after the past 6 seasons of futility. You can not coach and win when you are trying to please everybody in the stands, especially key members of the booster club. And here is a clue for all you Buc fans out there, just because your little darlings won a few games in little league in Goodlettsville, does not mean that they will be the 2nd coming of Babe Ruth. Get real, get a life, and more importantly, get gone. No one really wants to just come out and say that this team did not produce like it should have. Blame whomever you want, but that is the truth. One supposed, "big time" college recruit, haha, failed to do anything at all. I guess he was saving himself for the rookie free agent draft.

Coach Hayes, you are a good man, in a bad situation and until you realize that, then you are going to continue to get what you deserve.

I will say that during my time at Beech, Coach Hayes was always a hard worker on and off the field. He sacrificed lots of time, when he could have been at home, working on the field or some part of the facility to improve the appearance of Beech High School. He is knowlegable about the game of baseball and relates this information to his players. Some players understand the fact that they should be STUDENTS of the game. If they are struggling at the plate, then perhaps some additional cuts on their own will help them end the slump. Give him the support and encouragement that he deserves for being dedicated enough to spend more time with high school athletes than he spends with his own family. Coach Hayes, keep up the good work.

:rolleyes: According to sources close to the BHS program, the principal gave Coach Hayes the boot yesterday. I am sure that in the days ahead, you will hear that he resigned, but don't buy into that crap, it was a forced resignation or else. What a shame for a class guy who only wanted to do the right things. Got caught up in the politics of a principal whose only concern is listening to the deep money boosters. What a joke.

:rolleyes: Tell me it has not happended again a good coach at Beech High School has been shown the door. Man that principal wields a big stick. Does anybody in the Beech community have the (*^*% to stand up to him or has God returned to earth early and know one knew. Coach Hayes you deserved better. It just goes to show you the shape of High School athletics it doesnt really matter how hard you work or the time you spend or how much sacrifice your family puts in when he gets ready to get you unless you kiss his tale you are gone. Coach Hayes you are a class act and a good man you just happen to work for a man who does not have a clue and will listen to anyone but the people around him. I have it on a good source that the athletic diretors did not even know. what good are they if they are not involved in athletics.