DII Rankings

Hoya

The new DII rankings are out and MBA continues to be ranked in the top 8 while BGA is unranked. BGA has a 4-2-1 record (currently 8th best in DII) with losses to good quality teams in MUS and Grissom, Alabama. MBA (2-1-0) has only two wins, both against teams with losing records. In addition, BGA beat MBA (4-2) and is 2-0-0 in DII Middle. Without a doubt, MBA should have a good season--it ususally does. But so far this season BGA has outperformed MBA and it is time they were ranked.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new DII rankings are out and MBA continues to be ranked in the top 8 while BGA is unranked.  BGA has a 4-2-1 record (currently 8th best in DII) with losses to good quality teams in MUS and Grissom, Alabama.  MBA (2-1-0) has only two wins, both against teams with losing records.  In addition, BGA beat MBA (4-2) and is 2-0-0 in DII Middle.  Without a doubt, MBA should have a good season--it ususally does.  But so far this season BGA has outperformed MBA and it is time they were ranked.

825651400[/snapback]

no love thats all that is

Quite frankly, Rankings in high school soccer aren't really a matter of how QUALITY and team is but rather how much RESPECT a team receives. I know for a fact that MUS is constantly underlooked by most Memphis area rankings year in and year out in all sports really, but particularly soccer. They have a similar story to BGA and yet are not ranked at all. Likewise, they received hardly any credit last year bar maybe a player or two being recognized and ended up winning the state championship.

Basically what I am saying is rankings are a bad measure of what team really is the quality team. I am not saying that rankings are not important....I believe they are, but alot of sportswriters(especially in the US) just don't know that much about how you judge soccer, which hopefully is changing as the sport becomes more popular.

BGA is a horrible team and dont deserve to be ranked. They play soft soccer and can't put a string of passes together if their lives depended on it. They are a bunch of arrogant travel players that aren't as good as they say they are. Their goalie is by far the worst goalie in DII and his teammates will agree with me! Their backline consist of a strong central back and huge lumps of coal on either side of him. Their midfield consist of the arrogant travel players that i was talking about and their wings are worst than their goalie. Up top they have descent talent but cant get anything done with taylor preston not passing the ball and trying to take on every player with only mediocre skill!

BGA is a horrible team and dont deserve to be ranked. They play soft soccer and can't put a string of passes together if their lives depended on it. They are a bunch of arrogant travel players that aren't as good as they say they are. Their goalie is by far the worst goalie in DII and his teammates will agree with me! Their backline consist of a strong central back and huge lumps of coal on either side of him. Their midfield consist of the arrogant travel players that i was talking about and their wings are worst than their goalie. Up top they have descent talent but cant get anything done with taylor preston not passing the ball and trying to take on every player with only mediocre skill!

825651457[/snapback]

thats just rediculous. You are a jerk. My guess would be that they probably kicked your bottom.

if BGA is such a terrible team, why did you tie them? becuase you must be a Father Ryan player...

825653147[/snapback]

why are you cutting down Father Ryan. The point that Father Ryan tied BGA can be argued against you just as much it can be argued for you moron. BGA didnt win that game. BGA capitalized on a Father Ryan team who didnt play the first half. Father Ryan scored three clutch goals showing that if they would have buckled down the whole game a victory would have been theirs. Father Ryan is a better team than BGA. When both teams are playing their best the game will be good to watch. BGA has no reason to get cocky about this game nor does ride red have any right to be childish about his posts. the next meeting between Father Ryan and BGA should be very exciting.

It all boils down to simplicity. each team made a mistake that cost them a victory. Ryan came into the game unprepared and went down 3-0. BGA then became over-confident and gave up three goals.

the argument that the refs affected the game is crap. the one ref on the fans side called nothing. the ref by the Ryan bench called to much. subsequently, there were alot of fouls called on one side. this is probably why every single one of the six goals were scored in the same net.

Finally, all preperation aside, the outcome of the game is the best representation of the two teams. both have the ability to score and the ability to defend. each team has its strengths and weaknesses. Assuming that these two teams are ranked 1 and 2 in the region, they will not meet again until the region finals. This should be a very good game. i predict a multiple overtime game ending with a lucky golden or silver goal. it may even end in a PK shootout. But one thing is for sure, after it all comes down to it, the winner will be the one who wants it the most.

It all boils down to simplicity. each team made a mistake that cost them a victory. Ryan came into the game unprepared and went down 3-0. BGA then became over-confident and gave up three goals.

the argument that the refs affected the game is crap. the one ref on the fans side called nothing. the ref by the Ryan bench called to much. subsequently, there were alot of fouls called on one side. this is probably why every single one of the six goals were scored in the same net.

Finally, all preperation aside, the outcome of the game is the best representation of the two teams. both have the ability to score and the ability to defend. each team has its strengths and weaknesses. Assuming that these two teams are ranked 1 and 2 in the region, they will not meet again until the region finals. This should be a very good game. i predict a multiple overtime game ending with a lucky golden or silver goal. it may even end in a PK shootout. But one thing is for sure, after it all comes down to it, the winner will be the one who wants it the most.

825654792[/snapback]

ydet i would suggest that you not make too many predictions, assumptions, etc... it's getting to the point in this area that a top ranked team can be knocked off on any given day! look at the brentwood vs. hhs score last night. congrats to hhs. also, i don't think it's fair to assume that ryan came into the game unprepared, but rather they as a team were just "flat". the first nine games played was a very demanding (excluding Webb- Bell Buckle) schedule. the lay-off after the huntsville tournament was ten days. look at the ba score 1-0. the bottom line is that most teams at some point in the season go through a "flat spell" of sorts. look at your own bga and webb score (3-2). I believe you stated it best that bga was "drained"! I have to believe that the ryan squad was relieved that they didn't lose, but more importantly they got back to their true playing form. they can ill afford to start off against usn like they did with bga. also, when it comes to ryan vs. mba throw out each team's W-L record for it really doesn't matter. that game should be a real fight! alot can happen in the next few weeks. who knows bga and ryan may not meet again! can't assume anything at this point. would you not agree?

I agree that there is a chance that Ryan and BGA wont meet again, but i will also say that it is highly unlikely. You said yourself that that game put Ryan back into playing form, and if they continue to play the way they played the second half it will be ard for USN to even keep up.

Also, i have played both Ryan and MBA. Ryan is better. ALOT better. MBA has a very good offence and great keepers, but their defence isnt organized. Ryan will easily combine arount them and get some good goals. as long as their own defence dosnt let them down Ryan should win this game as well.

BGA should win out. After the Ryan game they wont make the mistake of not playing to their full potential again. I'm not trying to be cocky, and i know that anyone can loose on any day, but i really think BGA still has a good chance to win the region.

All we can do now is play one game at a time. For Ryan, that means wiping USN off the map. For BGA, it means making sure a certain BA defender has the most embarrasing game of his life.

C.K. :lol:

Edited by ydet