Maryville vs. Farragut

BigG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big G , actually I will be visiting in the area and be at this game. I have heard it was at 7 now I hear it is at 6, anyway, as a former player now reporter without a team to support I will give you my opinion , either tonight after I get back to the hotel unless we go out to eat and then 1st think in the morning

Big G , actually I will be visiting in the area and be at this game. I have heard it was at 7 now I hear it is at 6, anyway, as a former player now reporter without a team to support I will give you my opinion , either tonight  after I get back to the hotel unless we go out to eat and then 1st think in the morning

825651464[/snapback]

1-0 Farragut

oK, Quick synopsis of what I saw, and again this is an unbiased report so take it as that..... First Half was totally dominated by Farragut although they lacked in the ability to shoot. Many chances were not taken, almost like they had no confidence in themselves of getting it past the Maryville Keeper who was a big presence and did a great job. Farragut keeper on the other hand made a few good plays but enough bad decisions to lose the game for Farragut had the ball bounced different. Maryville's stopper did a good job at stopping things in the middle although Farragut won the overall midfield battle........... Maryville kept coming the full 80 minutes and put a great push on in the last 5 minutes but Farragut made adjustments thru-out the game that kept Maryville off balance. The second half was closer than the first but Farragut still seemed to control the ball most of the time. No doubt last night Farragut was the better team but Maryville is very good. IF I were CAK I would come ready to shoot quick, and expect to play a full 80 minutes becasue that is what I saw Maryville do last night. Altogether it was a very Good game.

oK, Quick synopsis of what I saw, and again this is an unbiased report so take it as that.....  First Half was totally dominated by Farragut although they lacked in the ability to shoot. Many chances were not taken, almost like they had no confidence in themselves of getting it past the Maryville Keeper who was a big presence and did a great job. Farragut keeper on the other hand made a few good plays but enough bad decisions to lose the game for Farragut had the ball bounced different. Maryville's stopper did a good job at stopping things in the middle although Farragut won the  overall midfield battle........... Maryville kept coming the full 80 minutes and put a great push on in the last 5 minutes but Farragut made adjustments thru-out the game that kept Maryville off balance. The second half was closer than the first but Farragut still seemed to control the ball most of the time. No doubt last night Farragut was the better team but Maryville is very good. IF I were CAK I would come ready to shoot quick, and expect to play a full 80 minutes becasue that is what I saw Maryville do last night.  Altogether it was a very Good game.

825652235[/snapback]

Thanks gameball. Maybe we should have you scout all of our games... great synopsis!

A GOOD GAME? MAYBE THE REFS WERE TERRIBLE FOR BOTH TEAMS

Maryville didnt play thier best but the refs had a bad game...the goal scored by FHS was a couter attack on a bad coaching call by Maryvilles Coach when we moved everyone up on a conner FHS keeper sent it out fast leading to a FHS goal

See You in Playoffs!

Edited by WestKnoxLAX*D*

Actually I went to this game and from what I saw Farragut had control most of the time. There was really no great opportunities by either team. It's like Farragut possessed the whole time but never did anything when getting towards the goal. They are a great team, they just need to work on their offensive attack. It's not their lack of skill, it may be their lack of knowledge perhaps. I don't know, I just figured that may be the case since they lost most of their offense last year, and the forwards now aren't used to being their "go-to guys." Maryville however is a much more improved team, they impressed me lastnight. I was expecting a 3-0 win by Farragut, but Maryville did a great job of giving Farragut very, very few chances of scoring, yet so did Farragut. To sum up, Farragut won by possession, the score, and by a evenly judged match. If Farragut's offense learns to step up and do what they are supposed to be doing then they will have no problem with Maryville in the playoffs.