Lets get it on!

Guest KTA

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs by far is the better team. Gibbs has played a tough schedule so far this year. Alcoa has played an average schedule. Gibbs 7 Alcoa 0.

825652214[/snapback]

Blue I wouldn't go that far player for player I think they are pretty much equal Gibbs edge is in their coaching in a close game Gibbs coach is the difference. Gibbs has played a tougher schedule but just remember Alcoa handed Bearden its first loss of the season and did it with out their starting left fielder or their ace on the mound. I think Gibbs wins a nail biter 2-1.

We (Seymour) have played both.....and lost to both. Alcoa clearly has the edge in pitching...Gibbs in offense. My prediction, Alcoa 1 - Gibbs 0. Gibbs will not hit Holifield with any success...this will be the difference. Alcoa only has to not beat themselves....as Seymour has done twice. If Danielle pitches....it will be more difficult on Alcoa to score....but regardless, I see them winning a close game. Good luck to both....as Seymour will be in 3rd (or worse) regardless of the outcome. BUT, don't rule Seymour out....we will regroup and be tough to beat in the district tourney.

don't rule Seymour out....we will regroup and be tough to beat in the district tourney.

825652567[/snapback]

District tournament is what counts.

The game with Gibbs is at Alcoa @ 5:30 PM. No predication from me. I will predict the score tomorrow about 8:00 PM.(after the game). Just hope Alcoa plays good.

Dang TNT, don't you just hate an inning like that..........

825654408[/snapback]

which inning vtec the one where your coach gets players thrown out at home or where your right fielder drops a ball that hits her right in the glove in my opinion both major coaching errors. when a pitcher just gives up two earned runs and gets beat 7 to 2 you have some serious coaching problems. where do they find these so called coaches they have no back ground in Fastpitch softball they are not willing to go out and learn the game its just the good ole boys club your a good guy and a good teacher so wham bam your a softball coach, this is not very fair to these kids that devote their lives to this sport. How long would a coach that knows nothing about oh lets say football would last making mistakes like these so called softball coaches make?? about one season but in girls sports this is okay. A team like Alcoa is loaded with tallent and should compete at the state level they are doing it on sheer talent alone anyone that knows anything about Fastpitch knows their coaching is terrible but this is okay because the coach is a good guy and the expectations are not high so as long as your talent will carry you to a winning season everything is just wonderfull. Step back and take a look at who gets hurt here these players that work their tails off year round. The school board and adminastration should be ashamed of their selves for not doing better for these female athletes.I have one thing to say until the parents and players stand up to the system and let them know its not okay just to make anyone a head coach our kids are going to suffer please remember title 9 equal opportunity I think this means equal coaching experience for female athletes.Please post any responses to this or am I the only one that feels this way.