Latest word from Austin East...

AERoadrunners

Coach Stevens apologized to the players but also wished them the best of luck when he met with his former team. He also encourage them to keep up the winning spirit and attitude. The players were a little upset that he left them but they knew that moving to OR was his dream job. They gave him the same praise as he gave them.

Coaching Search: They're still taking applications. I haven't heard any names being tossed around as of Wednesday. Hey if you know anything I don't know please post....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Graham is the interim head coach. I stopped by practice on Wednesday and the roadrunners seem to be on schedule. Thepractice was very organized as it was with Stevens. Coach Graham seems to be very similiar to Stevens in his demeanor on the field. You can tell he is in control. The other coaches seem to be doing a great job. You can not tell this team has lost their coach. Stevens left with everything in tact. I found out who coach Stockdale is. It not very hard to find him. He is coaching the O-line and they look very impressive. I agree with other posts saying he could be a great head coach. He is a take charge guy. When I talked to G last night he said that things are going as well as expected. The guys were adjusting great. He says he still talks to Stevens being they were freinds before coaching. He commends the coaching staff for the job and preparation they have done. He actually told me that he is the on the field head coach and coach Walker is the administrative head coach. He agreed that Stockdale is helping a whole lot. "Stock will do whatever needed for the program to be successful. He along with the other coaches are very helpful. We will be ready."

Boo!! really!! Dog!!,

In your post you suggested you didn't know this Stockdale

character, and then in the next sentence you suggested

he would be a great head coach.

Sounds as if you make up your mind rather quickly!!

I would be surprised if AE wins 6 games this year.

Stevens brought some discipline and imagination into the program.

Now that he is gone, I think you will see a lack of both!!

I hear Chuck Dragg is in the interviewing process to be HC????

Boo!!  really!!    Dog!!,

In your post you suggested you didn't know this Stockdale

character, and then in the next sentence you suggested

he would be a great head coach. 

Sounds as if you make up your mind rather quickly!!

I would be surprised if AE wins 6 games this year.

Stevens brought some discipline and imagination into the program.

Now that he is gone, I think you will see a lack of both!!

I hear Chuck Dragg is in the interviewing process to be HC????

825653496[/snapback]

First of all I said from what I seen yesterday he seems to know his stuff. I just noticed the pop of the lineman coming out of the shoot. Also I trust Graham and Stevens opinion and they both said he was a great coach. If a teaching position was open in OR he would have been there (Stockdale). Graham and Stevens are from the same cloth. They pretty much think the same. Ask anyone familiar with the program they will tell you the kids think as much of Graham as Stevens. Remember the year AE won the state. Stevens wanted to stay with the wing T. It was Graham that pushed the Spread offense because he knew it so well. The man was a standout at OR and ETSU. He is good friends with one of the top coaches in high school football. Landstown (Norfolk, VA) High school's Caoch Chis Beatty. I hear if Graham was a certified teacher the job will already been filled. Ask around snagglepus. Matter of fact ask Coach Dragg. I do know him and I know what he and rick think of coach G.

He has his B.S. in Public Health and a B.S. in Environmental Health from ETSU. I think he is starting school in June to work on his certification at one of the local colleges. My understanding is the governor has a program that starts this summer in which you can fast track your teaching certification. I think G works with the sheriffs department as a vocational counselor for felons. I will ask him next time I talk to him. I do know his wife is expecting twins and their due sometime in late summer. He may wait until after that. But he is already in preparation to acquire his teaching licensure.

The man was a standout at OR and ETSU. He is good friends with one of the top coaches in high school football.  Landstown (Norfolk, VA) High school's Caoch Chis Beatty.

825653595[/snapback]

So why don't Coach G, convince Coach Beatty to come aboard? I don't know much about the out of town coaches but if this coach is really a top notch coach, let's lure him to K-town?

So why don't Coach G, convince Coach Beatty to come aboard?  I don't know much about the out of town coaches but if this coach is really a top notch coach, let's lure him to K-town?

825653711[/snapback]

I think most Prep magazines have them ranked #6 in the nation. Second he coaches the defending VA state champions in the largest of their divisions. From what I heard not from Graham a lot of colleges are seeking him. He has the number 1 player in the nation returning this year. Why would he come to AE? Go on the web sight and search landstown high school football or chris beatty football coach.

Announcements