WALKER VALLEY vs. GRACE

striker84

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was a good. In the first 10 min We had a goal taken back on a BEAUTIFUL volley from Evan K from like 25 yards out. He toudhes it over a defender then drilled it over the keeper. The keepr decided to tell the ref that the ball went over the goal then into the net through a hole at the bottom... oh well... E Kid came back and scored a second 2 minutes later... then a mis-kick in the back and the WV kid just came at me 1v1 he hit it by my feet and i tried to kick save and it went through my legs, then off of a free kick from about 40 yards out the ball was gunna roll harmlessly into the box and i called for it, our back didn't hear me call and he was already in swinging motion and miskicked it to the middle of the field and i was standing almost in the right corner of the 18.. kid kicks it one touch from like 35 yards and i was tryin to get back and dove to make the save over my head (much like the one at Ooltewah) but it was just too high. Throughout the half Grace hit the post 3 or 4 times and controlled the ball 85% of the time. We went into the half down 2-1 and the rain came... because of the long half (senior night) the rain passed over and stopped by the time we stepped back on the pitch. We scored 2 goals in the first 7 minutes of the half one from E Kid and one from Jon M and regained the 3-2 lead. We had a few more chances and most of the possesion the rest of the game. With about 8 minutes left a driven corner on the ground got through to the back post and Evan H burried it.

Though we gave up two goals they were gifts and like i said we hit the post 3 or 4 times and missed a few just wide. We did a good job 2night of sticking with our game plan and executing the whole game and it paid off. Well done to WV and good luck the rest of the way.