REGION 7-2A

westtn2004state

Guest catfish-hunter
How many people does Huntingdon have coming back?

825658542[/snapback]

If Huntingdon can rebuild in the trenches, then they will be fine. They lost Desmond Townes, Drew Kelley, Marcus Beal, Karl Butler, Cliff Bush, and Cale Belew from their offensive and defensive fronts.

Outside of that Huntingdon is fine everywhere else. They lose WB/DB/K Scott Hampton and they also gotta replace LB Hunter Hastings. EVERYBODY outside of those eight players returns to a team that has been to the 'Boro the past two years and won it all once. Phillip "Boo" Weathers & Chris Donald return to the backfield. Both have started the past two years and both are great football players. Quarterback Cody Crocker is also back this year. He won the job in a competition with Cody Baker last fall and performed well, especially in the state title game against Alcoa. Look for both Cody Baker and Matt Weathers to be the likely replacements for Hampton. Defensively the line is losing ends Beal and Townes. Tackles Kegan Ball and Cedric Harris (who alternated with Belew) return. Linebackers Brandon Snyder and Chris Donald are also back for Huntingdon, but a replacement for Hastings needs to be found. In the secondary Huntingdon is set with Baker, Weathers, and the McClerklins. Last year Huntingdon was pittiful in the kicking game, but word has it that they have found a soccer style kicker that will help them out tremendously in this area in the fall.

Westview lost something like 5 or 6 seniors from last year's team I believe and how many of them started I have NO CLUE.

I think Milan lost something like 12 seniors from a team that has lost to Huntingdon in the state semifinals each of the past two years. The biggest loss for coach Morris is without question tailback Daylan Walker.

If Huntingdon can rebuild in the trenches, then they will be fine.  They lost Desmond Townes, Drew Kelley, Marcus Beal, Karl Butler, Cliff Bush, and Cale Belew from their offensive and defensive fronts. 

Outside of that Huntingdon is fine everywhere else.  They lose WB/DB/K Scott Hampton and they also gotta replace LB Hunter Hastings.  EVERYBODY outside of those eight players returns to a team that has been to the 'Boro the past two years and won it all once.  Phillip "Boo" Weathers & Chris Donald return to the backfield.  Both have started the past two years and both are great football players.  Quarterback Cody Crocker is also back this year.  He won the job in a competition with Cody Baker last fall and performed well, especially in the state title game against Alcoa.  Look for both Cody Baker and Matt Weathers to be the likely replacements for Hampton.  Defensively the line is losing ends Beal and Townes.  Tackles Kegan Ball and Cedric Harris (who alternated with Belew) return.  Linebackers Brandon Snyder and Chris Donald are also back for Huntingdon, but a replacement for Hastings needs to be found.  In the secondary Huntingdon is set with Baker, Weathers, and the McClerklins.  Last year Huntingdon was pittiful in the kicking game, but word has it that they have found a soccer style kicker that will help them out tremendously in this area in the fall. 

Westview lost something like 5 or 6 seniors from last year's team I believe and how many of them started I have NO CLUE. 

I think Milan lost something like 12 seniors from a team that has lost to Huntingdon in the state semifinals each of the past two years.  The biggest loss for coach Morris is without question tailback Daylan Walker.

825660469[/snapback]

Have not heard much about huntingdons line this year

If Huntingdon can rebuild in the trenches, then they will be fine.  They lost Desmond Townes, Drew Kelley, Marcus Beal, Karl Butler, Cliff Bush, and Cale Belew from their offensive and defensive fronts. 

Outside of that Huntingdon is fine everywhere else.  They lose WB/DB/K Scott Hampton and they also gotta replace LB Hunter Hastings.  EVERYBODY outside of those eight players returns to a team that has been to the 'Boro the past two years and won it all once.  Phillip "Boo" Weathers & Chris Donald return to the backfield.  Both have started the past two years and both are great football players.  Quarterback Cody Crocker is also back this year.  He won the job in a competition with Cody Baker last fall and performed well, especially in the state title game against Alcoa.  Look for both Cody Baker and Matt Weathers to be the likely replacements for Hampton.  Defensively the line is losing ends Beal and Townes.  Tackles Kegan Ball and Cedric Harris (who alternated with Belew) return.  Linebackers Brandon Snyder and Chris Donald are also back for Huntingdon, but a replacement for Hastings needs to be found.  In the secondary Huntingdon is set with Baker, Weathers, and the McClerklins.  Last year Huntingdon was pittiful in the kicking game, but word has it that they have found a soccer style kicker that will help them out tremendously in this area in the fall. 

I think Milan lost something like 12 seniors from a team that has lost to Huntingdon in the state semifinals each of the past two years.  The biggest loss for coach Morris is without question tailback Daylan Walker.

825660469[/snapback]

mustafa haddad- guard kirk foley- guard hunter nanney- dt micheal hobock- fb/ml

brannen bishop- wr/db brandon white- db thumb

the next two weeks we are gonna see who is gonna step up and fill the voids these 6 srs left so its gonna be interesting to see which of our underclassmen can step up and be ready 4 this tough region thumb

Guest catfish-hunter

I know that this is gonna start a major argument from the folks in Martin, but the best offense in this region belongs to the Huntingdon Mustangs. When you have the duo of Chris Donald and Boo Weathers in the backfield there is only one word to describe your running game and that word is EXPLOSIVE!!! Crocker showed everyone that he has the ablity to put the ball in the air in last year's Blue Cross Bowl and do it effectively. If their defense plays like they did in the second rd., quarterfinals, and semifinals of last year's state playoffs and not like the team that showed up in Murfreesboro, then they won't lose this year.

Guest catfish-hunter

Well it isn't Huntingdon because they lost four out of their front seven starters. Beal and Townes will be awfully tough to replace at the two defensive end spots. Belew is gone as one of the two tackles (but like I said earlier Harris alternated with him about half of the time anyway so that isn't a big deal). Hunter Hastings has been one of the anchors for the Huntingdon defense the past two years, so his loss will be the toughest for the Mustangs. The secondary will be fine againt the west-TN teams, but they've gotta play better than they did last year against Alcoa.

According to westviewchargers64's post, Westview loses two defensive backs and that is pretty much it. If that is the case, which I believe him because before he ever posted I said that Westview lost only 5-6 seniors from last year's region championship and second round playoff team, then I'll say that Westview is the best defensive football team (at least on paper) in the region.