GREENEVILLE

soccerphf

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they do dominate their region, but so would a lot of other teams if they were in the same district--Greenville in it or not. Therefore, Greenville should NOT be ranked, I'm sorry. They may make it to sub-state, but they are not in the league of many teams that will be eliminated by the start of regions (look at Farragut's district).

No not at all...i played against them on my club team over the summer and in the fall..so unless they have some prodigy that plays football in stead of soccer in the fall..i dont see how they could be even sized up to teams like science hill...sullivan south..and many other teams in their region

i do not think they should be ranked. they have only play 2 good or decent teams. they played DB who is haveing a down year they tied. and OR who is good and got beat 3-0. so there 2 big test they failed so i personally odnt think tehy should be ranked.

825659504[/snapback]

They beat sevier county 1-0 at sevier that says something. Sevier tied bearden

Edited by soccerphf

No not at all...i played against them on my club team over the summer and in the fall..so unless they have some prodigy that plays football in stead of soccer in the fall..i dont see how they could be even sized up to teams like science hill...sullivan south..and many other teams in their region

825659528[/snapback]

The club team consisted of 8th and 9th graders who have no part in the highschool team

They beat sevier county 1-0 at sevier that says something. Sevier beat

farragut....

825659534[/snapback]

Hey guy (soccer and some few letters)......when did farragut lose to sevier county....they would have to of played them to lose to them.........as in later...... like the second of May...like after Oak Ridge, which i'm sure theyre more concerned about.....good game to all...cheers

825659528[/snapback]

Where in the world did club team come into play...Are you talking about the galaxy...they are horrible..not to mention they are 8th and 9th graders that have nothing do with our team...These are the HIGH SCHOOL rankings...we did tie DB and lose to OR, we have had a # of players out because of injury, but most are back...Once the playoffs start there will be some better competion coming out...

Ok, first of all, like i have said before, questioning another teams ability with out watching them is cowardly, not to mention ignorant. Greeneville may not have the hardest schedule in the state, but then again they dont have the weakest. I absolutly hate that players that get on here and talk about how teams dont deserve any respect, on the assumption that just because they havent been a succesfull program in the past, they can't be a hard working dedicated contender in the state now. Players like you make the game look like a presidental debate. Anyways whether you think that Greeneville is good or not is your opinion, but at least look at whom you play for and what their schedule and record is before you bash another team. I'm not trying to start an argument, or some kind of intellectual battle on message boards, i just want to say that by talking about how teams dont deserve rankings is retarted. Thanks...

Boys, boys, boys. Of course Greeneville deserves to be ranked in AAA. Greeneville is currently ranked (#6) and with a 9-1-1 record they are easily within the top group, record-wise, of AAA teams in the state right now. No, their schedule has not been "murderers' row", but alot of teams--including some highly ranked teams--- have suspect schedules, particularly in Div. I where so much of a team's schedule is dictated by the TSSAA divisions. It seems to me that someone could argue they are ranked too high, but not that they don't merit being ranked as much as any other AAA team with a good record. How good they really are is yet to be seen. If the OR result is a true indicator of Greeneville's ability, they won't go far in the tournament.

Finally, it is not "retarted" to disagree about whether teams deserve rankings. This Board was created for respectful discourse, debate and the exchange of ideas. It is no more "retarted" to criticize a team than to promote a team, which as I recall, plenty of Greeneville posters have done on other threads.

Well, as i "recall", no threads that my fellow players and I have posted have indicated anything about us being some kind of amazing cinderella story. Mainly as i "recall" the only thing we have been able to do on these boards is defend ourselves from other members that do not believe that greeneville has earned any respect