9AA playin games

hdbaseball

I have to question how you can say Marshall County has the best pitching and hitting in this district?

lets look at this:

Marshall wins a game 4-1 over Loretto with 1 hit. They scored 1 run in a loss at Fairview, 1 run in a loss at Lewis, 0 runs in a loss at Page. I would say that would quailify for the best hitting team in this district.

Best pitching in the district? Lets look at this as well.

They give up 11 runs to a team who had not won a district game, when they brought in their "ace" McKay at Fairview he promptly gave up a HBP, a walk, a single and then a squeeze to lose, at Page their "best freshmen in the state" walked a player, gave up a hit, hit a batter, and then gave up a smash to short that scored a run to lose.

I wish people in Marshall County would use what little brain they may have and realize that Marshall Count yis not good this year. Everyone has down years, some more then others. Accept it, move on, and quit telling every one how good you are when your team obviously shows they are not that good. Maybe you might realize this when Marshall has to win a road game this year and doesn't since they do not get that friendly umpiring on the road.

Anyone who has watched a game in this league knows Giles has the best hitting and Page the best pitching. I would even say that Page may have as good hitting as Giles.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree. If they had the best hitting and pitching they would be number one! They obviously dont have good hitting because they lost so many low scoring games. And they didn't score that many runs against anyone really. Their pitching isn't too bad but not the best. If you had the best pitching then you would've won more games. Good pitching equals wins!

These same seniors won the 15 year old Babe Ruth Championship! Why cant they do it again?

825664106[/snapback]

So, Franklin County won the same Championship a few years back and they haven't made it out of the district in a while...I've seen MC play and they don't look or play anywhere as good as the MC teams of the past. Good luck next year, cause it isn't happening this year....

How can you even compare the Babe Ruth championship to High school baseball. Summer ball isn't nearly as competitive as high school ball is. For one not everyone on high school teams play for Babe Ruth... We played Dixie Youth. Plus a lot of high schoolers are playing for traveling teams not Babe Ruth. The competition isn't as good. How can you say they will get their hitting back when they havent had it all year??? My guess is if yall even win the play-in game which yall probably will with the homecooking yall get... You won't make it past Giles or the next one... You might win one but I don't think yall will make it past the district tourney!

These same seniors won the 15 year old Babe Ruth Championship! Why cant they do it again?

825664106[/snapback]

Thats like saying my team won the 5-6 year old tee ball state championship so that means we are going to win state. Marshall is down this year, it isn't a bad thing, everyone goes through it.

Marshall County has great pitching, and so does Page, but you guys say Seth Lintz isnt the reall deal then look at all the games besides Lewis he has double digit strikeouts every game he stars and always comes up one run short because of no run support!!! He is one of the best pitchers in the district!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once Marshall pulls it together Thursday, they will WIN the tourney!! They can beat anyone in the district they only lost to Page by one run each time and Beat Giles at home!!!! I wouldnt count Marshall out yet, if you do then the snake will come back and bit you!!!!!

So have you guys counted Marshall County yet???? Your dumb if you already have!!!!!! Marshall will prove their the best!!!

Babe Ruth is a joke and it is for guys who arent good enough to play travel. WHo cares if you went out and BOUGHT rings, why cant you earn them?

Your hitting, ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? You scored a total of 2 earned runs in 14 innings against page.

If you win your play in game you better hope you can hit a 35 mph curve when you play at giles.

By the way, what is the best batting average on your team for your 9 starters?

Edited by Page Fans

No, only 4 teams go to the district tourney. Page will host the winner of Fairview/Lewis next Monday, and Giles will host the winner of Marshall/Loretto next Monday! The losers of the two play-in games are out! Then the district tourney is double elimination!