Hixson/Ooltewah

basehits

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Hixson beat Ooltewah.......they came close last time.

825663838[/snapback]

anyone can beat ooltewah right now. they are the most flat bunch of kids you have ever seen play ball. when you dont get up to play a district game with red bank but beat the snot out of central is beyond me. i wish them well the rest of the year but dont expect anything from them the rest of the games including the district tourn. you have to want to win and this team has no desire. sad but true.

anyone can beat ooltewah right now. they are the most flat bunch of  kids you have ever seen play ball. when you dont get up to play a district game with red bank but beat the snot out of central is beyond me. i wish them well the rest of the year but dont expect anything from them the rest of the games including the district tourn. you have to want to win and this team has no desire.  sad but true.

825663848[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that......you never know....they will probably end up giving Hixson a good game. They are playing at Ooltewah, maybe that will help their spirits.

Sorry to hear that......you never know....they will probably end up giving Hixson a good game. They are playing at Ooltewah, maybe that will help their spirits.

825663857[/snapback]

thanks for the nice words but there comes a time when the kids have to want it and they dont. u can blame it on the coaches but the bottom line is they cant play it for them.

thanks for the nice words but there comes a time when the kids have to want it and they dont. u can blame it on the coaches but the bottom line is they cant play it for them.

825663951[/snapback]

Coaches are just as important as the players. A coach is supposed to guide his/her team; I see neither Ooltewah Coach showing any emotion, win or loss it's the same attitude. If your coaches don't care what makes you think the players are going to care? I watch many of the Ooltewah players play during the summer and they look like totally different kids, coaching plays a part in that! When I was in high school it was an honor to play on your school team and now it just seems if you play summer ball you are going to play school ball. I think the parents play a roll in this as well. If a player is hearing negative stuff at home it is going to reflect on the ball field. Seems to me attitudes are bad all around...

I do agree that the coach plays an integral role in the attitude of the team. More times than not, the coaches attitude trickles down onto the kids.

BUT, a coach should NOT have to get a team "up" to play. Especially at the high school level. They should have enough personal pride to "bring it" to every single game. I'm not trying to take up for any coaches, but the player leadership must step up to the plate.

With that said, I haven't even seen Ooltewah play this year. That is my GENERAL comment to team sports.

825663951[/snapback]

A coach's responsability is to prepare his/her team to the best of their ability and utilize what talent they have in any situation. I've seen neither at Ooltewah.

hey guys! i play for hixson..and it was a good game. correction it was 5-0! and yeah dawon did pitch but she got hit alot, luckily we have great defense

825664379[/snapback]

Not sure that 200 kids playing one sport can always get along,,,,,, wait, that is at least 200 sitting the bench from Ooltewah....

hey guys! i play for hixson..and it was a good game. correction it was 5-0! and yeah dawon did pitch but she got hit alot, luckily we have great defense

825664379[/snapback]

Hixson does have the whole package...3 great pitchers....defense that makes very few errors....and when their bats are hot you better watch out. Not only do they have those athletic abilities, they all like each other. Dont let me forget Great coaching. Continue the awesome season girls.