District 9-AA Tournament Times

PageMan

Thursday's Games:

Loretto at Marshall Co. - 7:00

Lewis Co. at Fairview - 7:00

Monday's Games:

Loretto/Marshall Co. winner at Giles Co. - 5:00

Lewis Co./Fairview winner at Page - 7:00

Tuesday's Games will be at the higher seed and will start at 7:00 unless the game is at Giles Co. where it will 5:00

Wednesday's Game will be for the winner of the loser's bracket and played at the higher seed

Thursday's Game will be the championship game unless the winner of the loser's bracket wins, then there will be a 2nd game. I'm not sure if it will be immediately following or not.

I think the above is correct, but I will enter it in my bracket to see if it looks right.

I have a question - why does Giles have its games at 5:00. This seems very unfair to the visiting teams' parents as most people work and it will be hard for them to make the games in Pulaski. All games should be at 7:00 so that everyone can attend. I know the coaches set the times so why was Giles allowed to start so early?

I have a question - why does Giles have its games at 5:00.  This seems very unfair to the visiting teams' parents as most people work and it will be hard for them to make the games in Pulaski.  All games should be at 7:00 so that everyone can attend.  I know the coaches set the times so why was Giles allowed to start so early?

825666015[/snapback]

I think the rec-league in Pulaski also uses the field. I remember in 2002 none of the Fairview parents were able to make it to our district tourney gae due to the start time. After our game there was a rec league game.

Rec. league pushes the start time of a district tournament game - how conveniant.  I still don't like it.

825666026[/snapback]

Yeah me either, but that is what you get when you play on a field that doesn't belong to you. I remember our parents being very upset not being able to come and watch us play.

It's very hard to schedule games for Martin College, Giles Co. high and Babe Ruth on one field. But everyone seems to work together real well to get them in. It's no worse than going to Lewis Co. for a 3:30 game. And did'nt Page play a game at 5:00 Tuesday night? If you want to be there you will find a way.

It's very hard to schedule games for Martin College, Giles Co. high and Babe Ruth on one field.  But everyone seems to work together real well to get them in. It's no worse than going to Lewis Co. for a 3:30 game.  And did'nt Page play a game at 5:00 Tuesday night? If you want to be there you will find a way.

825666161[/snapback]

Martin Methodist is done for the season so there is no conflict with them. Lewis Co. has to be a 3:30 game due to them not having lights. I don't think you can blame them on that. Page rarely has that early of games in district games. Seems to me Giles Co. wants the other team to be at a disadvantage , which I guess they earned by getting 1st place.

Martin Methodist is done for the season so there is no conflict with them. Lewis Co. has to be a 3:30 game due to them not having lights. I don't think you can blame them on that. Page rarely has that early of games in district games. Seems to me Giles Co. wants the other team to be at a disadvantage , which I guess they earned by getting 1st place.

825666188[/snapback]

You are right Martin is done now but just letting you know what we go through every year with playing games on one field. Since babe ruth already has the field scheduled we have to take the time they give us to play. Would be nice to play a little later because it would mean more money from the gate.

Thanks for the explanation, mreverything. Please excuse my earlier comments. I didn't realize that the Babe Ruth teams had booked the field.

Monday's Schedule Updated:

5:00 Loretto at Giles Co.

7:00 Fairview at Page

I noticed that the forecast is calling for rain on Monday. I hope we can get these games in so as not to get behind in the schedule.

We're down to the final four with Marshall Co. & Lewis Co. being eliminated on Thursday. The tournament nows goes into the double-elimination phase where pitching depth will become a factor. The championship is scheduled for Thursday unless rain delays push it to Friday or Saturday.