How is Dustin Wilson?

daa21

Since when does anyone from Marshall County of all places have any right to say anything about good sportsmanship? You yourselves have got a coach that comes out and questions evey single call and a shortstop, I'm sorry, former shortstop(#16) that talks more trash than anyone in that district. I'm glad to here that the kid is okay, but don't come on here and say that the team and the coach have no class. It was a bang-bang play at the plate, I really doubt that the coach told the kid to knock the catcher out as he was rounding third. Enjoy the offseason. ;)

825667259[/snapback]

yeah sportsmanship is not the name for marshall county. The shortstop mouths everyone on the field yet hes only five feet tall. yes it was a bang bang play but the catcher outweighed the runner by at least 60 lb. yet was the down side of the collision. Dont stand on the plate unless ur ready to take a lick. dont stand on train tracks unless u want to be plowed

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont stand on the plate unless ur ready to take a lick. dont stand on train tracks unless u want to be plowed

825668306[/snapback]

I hope youre coach isnt teaching you guys to bull rush the catcher. Its his job to cover to plate. Its the runners job to get over, under, or around him to score. No coach should teach kids to do something that will get them ejected. Wait until you get to the big leagues to bowl over a catcher. Its a "Web Gem" then. Its against the rules in High School.

As 14loretto was saying, if you stand on the plate, expect to be hit. Tournament time means runs mean more than ever in a district game. You cannot blame the Loretto player for what he did. By the way, no our coach doesn't teach players to take out the catcher. Our coach is one of the best coaches ever, and it's a split-second decision the player must make. I hope the player is ok, but if the only excuse you have for losing that game is one of our players taking out a catcher that was standing on the plate, that's pretty sad.

Yes, that was totally disrespectful.  The coach on that team definetly has NO CLASS!!!

825666592[/snapback]

ok first of all if u are a marshall co. fan you dont have any room to talk about class have u seen marshall co. play, they run there mouths soo much and i think whats wrong with all of yalls fans is ur mad cause this year you couldnt back up the smack, and ur mad cause u got put out first round in district but if u need to talk about someones class y dont u talk to the short stop #16 he sure had alot of it, that kid never quit mouthing, and sorry to hear about yalls catcher but our runner couldnt really make a split decision and change his mind right there he done it out of instinct. so now since we got MC out of the way GILES CO. BETTER WATCH OUT!!

ok first of all if u are a marshall co. fan you dont have any room to talk about class have u seen marshall co. play, they run there mouths soo much and i think whats wrong with all of yalls fans is ur mad cause this year you couldnt back up the smack, and ur mad cause u got put out first round in district but if u need to talk about someones class y dont u talk to the short stop #16 he sure had alot of it, that kid never quit mouthing, and sorry to hear about yalls catcher but our runner couldnt really make a split decision and change his mind right there he done it out of instinct. so now since we got MC out of the way GILES CO. BETTER WATCH OUT!!

825668365[/snapback]

Instinct?....Have you checked out the TSSAA rules this year. One of them is No Intentional Contact. That means you can't run the catcher over. By the way, how many games suspension did the player get for his instinct. ;)

As 14loretto was saying, if you stand on the plate, expect to be hit. Tournament time means runs mean more than ever in a district game. You cannot blame the Loretto player for what he did. By the way, no our coach doesn't teach players to take out the catcher. Our coach is one of the best coaches ever, and it's a split-second decision the player must make. I hope the player is ok, but if the only excuse you have for losing that game is one of our players taking out a catcher that was standing on the plate, that's pretty sad.

825668347[/snapback]

If you run over a player, expect to get ejected and suspended. ;)