2005 11U/15U State Title Scores Posted

Congratulations to the Memphis Elite for a well run 11U and 15U State tournament. The facilities were outstanding and the officiating was good, especially in the 15U bracket. Being truly independent gives one a whole diffferent viewpoint than when you have a dog in the hunt (I coach in the 10U age group and not with any clubs that had teams playing this past weekend). There was some physical play allowed particularly in the post that was good for all the teams as they get ready for Nationals where they will be battered in the paint and no whistles will be blown. There were a below average number of incorrect or missed calls, mostly in the 11U, but nothing intentional and the misses evened out both ways. All in all, a well officiated weekend. I continued to see about the normal level of unsportsmanlike behavior (legal but unsportsmanlike) out of some fans banging bleachers/screaming during free throws, etc. and just a few seemingly level headed parents who were miraculously transformed into irate/rabid fans whenever their daughter was involved in some contact. It was a good weekend of basketball to watch and just showed once again how passionate people are about girls basketball in the state of Tennessee.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trotters beat the Elite by 9, lost to Team Pride by 8 and beat the Top Guns by more than 13 so they had a +9, -8, +13 which = 14

Team Pride beat Top Guns by more than 13, beat Trotters by 8 and lost to Elite by 8 so they had a +13, +8, -8 = 13

This is why even though Team Pride beat the Trotters, Trotters still received the #1 seed

Heard the refs let'em play and some tempers got out of hand, any comments?

825668533[/snapback]

So from what I can tell, there was some rough play and one of the parents got mad. I can tell you that when I went to the first states for our team, I was shocked at how rough the play was. It's even rougher at nationals. So I can understand how that parent must have felt when he saw his team having to deal with it. But the fact is, if you're going to compete at the championship level in aau, you have to play by NCAA WOMENs rules - not little girls rules. You can argue whether that's right or wrong but you can't argue whether that's the way it is or not right now.

The NCAA Womens game is rough. The best thing to do is to teach your girls the fundamentals and I'm not talking about how to shoot a free throw or dribble a ball - I'm talking about how to establish position and keep it - how to stay low on defense- how to stay balanced and in control - and other things that will put the girls in a better way to compete in the physical game.

Those are just some of my thoughts. No harm intended.

The Trotters beat the Elite by 9, lost to Team Pride by 8 and beat the Top Guns by more than 13 so they had a +9, -8, +13 which = 14

Team Pride beat Top Guns by more than 13, beat Trotters by 8 and lost to Elite by 8 so they had a +13, +8, -8 = 13

This is why even though Team Pride beat the Trotters, Trotters still received the #1 seed

825668706[/snapback]

Just like to add a side bar to this post.

Memphis Elite lost to the Trotters by 9, beat the Top Guns by more than 13 and beat Team Pride by 8.

Which give them -9, +13, +8 =12 and a third place finish in Pool Play.

Congratulations goes out to The Lady Trotters, Team Pride and Lady Shox

AND BIG CONGRATULATIONS GOES OUT TO BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS

WEST TN TIGERS!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TEAMS THE REST OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SET22

Just like to add a side bar to this post.

Memphis Elite lost to the Trotters by 9, beat the Top Guns by more than 13 and beat Team Pride by 8.

Which give them -9, +13, +8 =12 and a third place finish in Pool Play.

Congratulations goes out to The Lady Trotters, Team Pride and Lady Shox

AND BIG CONGRATULATIONS GOES OUT TO BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS

WEST TN TIGERS!!!!!

GOOD LUCK  TEAMS THE REST OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825668743[/snapback]

the state tourney had 5 or 6 teams (11u) that could have pulled out the championship.hats off to all of the girls, hey west tennessee tigers good luck and hope we get another shot at ya'll in the nationals! :lol:

I agree with PrideFan, it's like the 11u is like a merry-go-round (Except for the West TN Tigers) Before the state, Tornados beat Shox, Shox beat Pride, Pride beat Trotters and Trotters beat Tornados.

At the state, Trotters beat Elite, Pride beat Trotters, Elite beat Pride. Shox beat Tornados, Trotters beat Shox, Elite beat Tornados, Pride beat Shox.

West TN Tigers has beat everyone for 2 years, but only beat the Shox by 10 or so, Pride by 7 and Trotters by 6 so the gap may be closing there as well.

All in all, most of the teams are pretty even and it depends on which team steps on the floor ready to play.