District and Region Tourneys A/AA

Chatt_soccer

Just interested to hear some peoples opinions on how things will end up in A/AA in Chattanooga on the way to state...Here are the district semis:

Boyd-McMinn

Grace-Sweetwater

CSAS-East Ridge

CCS-Hixson

I'd have to say that Boyd and Grace are likely favorites in the top district and CSAS and CCS in the bottom, but anything could happen this year the teams are a lot more even than in the past. How do you think things will play out moving on the Regions and who will eventually make it to Memphis?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the LC region is in a little bit of a toss up. I would assume LC would come out #1 (based on recent playing history, not early season history), but I have no idea of #2... Didn't Loudon finish 2nd? So, it could be them or Kingston or Oneida.

I think CCS, CSAS, Grace, and possibly Sweetwater out of the teams you mentioned (but I am not basing that on a whole lot, just from reading and seeing scores).

FRA better win their region, and I think Hume Fogg would be runners up.

All in all, there is no telling. If you had told me that CCS would not have made it to state last season, I would not have believed it. So, good luck to all, and I hope to see you in Memphis!

im lookin for a lenoir city vs cak match up in region touney..that would give me a reason to go visit my buddy lcsoccer..should be a good tournament in chatt, both districts and regions.hopefully boyd can get things done and make it to regions which they are capable of..only thing wrong with ur post bigG is that sweetwater and grace cant both make it into the region tourney b/c htye play tuesday :lol: ...good luck to cak if yall get a game with lenoir city im makin the drive to check that out..

im lookin for a lenoir city vs cak match up in region touney..that would give me a reason to go visit my buddy lcsoccer..should be a good tournament in chatt, both districts and regions.hopefully boyd can get things done and make it to regions which they are capable of..only thing wrong with ur  post bigG is that sweetwater and grace cant both make it into the region tourney b/c htye play tuesday  :lol: ...good luck to cak if yall get a game with lenoir city im makin the drive to check that out..

825668091[/snapback]

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted, but I figured our Coach T geek LCsoccer would be the one that would have found the discrepancy! Ha!

LCsoccer, who do "you" face first?

I think CCS, CSAS, Grace, and possibly Sweetwater out of the teams you mentioned (but I am not basing that on a whole lot, just from reading and seeing scores).

825668070[/snapback]

i just want to first say that it is impossible for grace and sweetwater to both come out of that district.

it will be grace #1, Boyd #2

in the other i'd say csas #1 and ccs #2

i just want to first say that it is impossible for grace and sweetwater to both come out of that district.

it will be grace #1, Boyd #2

in the other i'd say csas #1 and ccs #2

825668450[/snapback]

Yeah, reaction already brought that to my attention. My bad.

How's your district tournament shaping up G? Who would u play from here on out, and who do you think has the BEST chance of beating you guys?

825668516[/snapback]

Well, there are some minor problems with seedings, but they are getting worked out as we speak.

Our guys (and coach) are REALLY ready to get beyond Friday night's game, and are ready to play. It's not that we played a bad game per say, we just didn't step up to the level of play that Farragut brought to the field that night. Farragut is as good as they EVER were, I don't care what people think or say. No team in A/AA would compare to their A game. It was a bitter taste.

Ask me again when we get out of districts. I don't want to lose focus with the whole district tourney yet to be played. I want to respect our opponents that we play this week, and not just put them by the wayside.

Too often teams get suprised when they look too far down the road. I don't want that to happen.

Oneida won 2-1 over AC in OT. Neither team could find the net, and Oneida had plenty of chances. Shane Fox of AC played great at keep the entire game. I think he was scored on once out of the 2 goals, I think for the other one he was in the field, but I could be wrong.