Anderson Co .vs. Kingston

baseballislife09

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best game I have seen AC play all year. Very well prepared and very well coached. Pitcher did an outstanding job keeping Kingston batters of balance. Nice shot by McGowen! Sealed the deal.

Kingston got out played and out coached. Looked like either Kingston was too confident or just flat. Kingston pitcher didn't have his best night. Looked like the coach switched up his batting order. Why? Who was the kid that played right field and batted #2 in the order? This is the 1st game I have seen him play, except when he has pitched. Why the shake up in a batting order that seemed to work last week for 4 games?

Good luck to both teams. Prediction- Loudon & AC to advance. 2 best teams in tournament. Kingston looks like they are ready for summer. AC & Loudon look hungry!

Kingston was eliminated tonight by LC, 4-3 in 8 innings. It was a nice game, well-played on both sides. Kingston's lefty went the whole distance and he did a good job. But he threw a fat fastball 3-1 to LC's Cody Purdy for a solo homer in the top of the 8th.

Missed the game between LC and Kingston, and AC and Loudon. Spoke to a few parents from Kingston. :lol: All said that once again, coach left a pitcher in too long and it cost him. Actually, cost the team. Said the lefty did all he could do, but ran out of gas in the 5th inning. I believe it was 3-0 LC going into B6 when Kingston tied the game 3-3. LC pulls starter, Kingston opts to stay with obviously tired pitcher. Top of 8 LC hits solo homerun to go ahead. Kingston pulls pitcher. Kingston loses game.

If the above is correct, why would you not pull the lefty when the game got tied 3-3? If my information is correct, Kingston still had Adams, Ashcraft, Gurney, and Piper, that they could have brought in to attempt to save the game. What ashame!

Congrats to LC for advancing. Looks like Kingston got out coached for the second time in two nights! Shame on you Bruce.

I dunno, pulling the pitcher earlier might have made a difference or it might not. I was surprised he stayed in for the 8th, but except for that long ball he pretty much cruised through the inning. He was still effective, he just made one mistake that LC was able to capitalize on. I don't know Kingston's staff very well, though.

This post is most directly in response to several negative postings by bleachercoach, but also to those who use this forum to openly bash and belittle people by calling names and singling out individuals.

Bleachercoach, in reviewing all of your most recent posts in this as well as other topic categories, I find that you are very hypocritical. You insinuate that your job is scouting and that you not only look at athleticism, but also "morals and attitude to handle pressure". Furthermore you have stated that, "If you have parents that continueously stay on umpires, players, coaches, etc., typically the kids follow in that same path...". You have also mentioned "class and respect". I find that you have little of the latter. If you did, you would conduct yourself in a more professional manner, by addressing problems that you deem important personally, instead of hiding behind a screenname on an internet site.

There is such a thing as constructive criticism, which from what I have read, you don't understand the concept.

You singled out someone's mother by berating a lady and calling her a "whining mom". Where is there respect in that statement? You are talking about a child's parent, and I dare say that if someone had spoken of your mother or the mother of your children in that manner, you would be less than pleased. If you have been around sports as long as you lead people to believe, you understand that at times things get heated and people say things they shouldn't. Who deemed you to decide what is appropriate or not, for a field that you may or may not have any jurisdiction over at all? It is the job of the umpires, coaches, and school athletic directors to decide that...not a scout or other spectator. If the language was as bad as you let on, I'm sure it would have been addressed.

You spoke of parents continuously staying on umpires, players, coaches, etc. What exactly do you call your negative comments towards local coaches? You have also shown very little respect to coaches of a sport that you say you are involved with on the "next level." If you had the "class and respect" that you speak of looking for, you wouldn't call coaches by name to criticize them. The one I have noticed most often is the Kingston coach. You have several times criticized his decisions and referred to him as "Bruce". Unless you are a personal friend of this man, the professional way to address him would be "Coach Robinette." But of course one of his friends, or even respected colleagues wouldn't use this forum to criticize a berate a man that devotes the time and effort to a team that he and the rest of high school coaches do. You are criticizing judgement calls and decisions that are really of no business of yours. No coach that I have ever known is going to purposely hurt a child's pitching arm, or make a decision with the intent of hurting their team's chances of being successful. There may be decisions made that you and others don't agree with, or would make differently, but those decisions are the coach's to make. Not yours. You are definitely entitled to an opinion...everyone is, but there are more appropriate ways to voice them. Until you have walked in their shoes, or are hired to take their place, you need to leave the coaching to them and the scouting, or whatever it is you do (other than be overly critical of others) to yourself.

KHS142, some of your comments I would agree with, some I don't. Let me start by saying that I mainly look in this area for players that have the ability to play at the next level. I refer them to a couple of schools that have contracted me to "birddog" for them. I have made it no secret what I do, but do keep my identity disclosed only for professional reasons.

To address my knowledge of Kingston baseball. Yes, I do know the "coach", and am, have been, and will be, critical of some of his decisions. As I have been with other coaches on here. I have walked in their/your shoes. I give my opinions, as well as your can. You can like them, or dislike them. That really doesn't matter to me. What does matter is the fact that the talent that this coach has been given is not, and has not, been elevated for those that aspire to play at the next level. I have seen him leave pitchers in far too long. As he apparently did at the district tournament. I do know that he changed a batting order that had worked for the last week of regular season play, in the first game against AC, that produced 2 hits. Am I a fan of his, obviously not. For many years I have watched the same things happen, that most coaches wouldn't get away with. I will say that some parents were of the opinion that he wasn't playing the LC game to win. I wasn't there, just heard those comments. Other than leaving the pitcher in for too long, I don't know where they justify those opinions. Just stating what I was told.

You obviously don't appreciate the observations that I have made, or the comments from parents that I have relayed on this forum. I can respect that. I don't know where the hypocritical part is coming from, but that's alright also. I'm pretty thick skinned and would think Bruce is too.

By the way, I graduated from Harriman H.S. in the mid-70's. Played a little college ball, A ball, coached at a JR. College, now semi-retired. Had two kids, girl and boy, play sports at Kingston. Yes, my son played for Bruce. Thought at that time he lacked the knowledge to teach and manage the game, and still do. Do I like him as a person, yes. Just don't think his intentions for coaching are what they should be at the h.s. level.

I'm going to move on for now. Kingston's season is over. I'll be at the Rockwood/Harriman games this afternoon and will critique those coaches and athletes as well.