how can this happen?

The rosters for the state tournament are frozen from sub-state, you can change teams after your state tournament if your current team doesn't qualify or decides not to attend nationals. Also your current team will have to release your AAU card to the new team, you cannot be on two AAU team rosters.

I believe the rule is:  After the state tourney, a team that qualified for the nationals, can pick up as many as three players from teams that didn't qualify.  There is a limit, I think a thirteen player roster is what's allowed. ;)

825668350[/snapback]

the roster limit is 15, with a maximum of 3 pick-up players.

I believe this is correct.

Another situation is if both teams do not qualify for the state out of their sub-state then one of those two teams can pick up (up to three) players off the other team that did not qualify and then try to qualify for the nationals through the SRT (Super Regional Tournaments). BUT that locks her in to that roster. The pick-up must have competed in a qualifying sub-state in that age group to be eligible.

If a team has qualified for the state tournament then that team can not pick-up anyone until after they have competed in the state tournament if that team does not qualify for Nationals then the above is in effect. But if they did qualify for the nationals then they can pick-up three players from the entire state or a state connecting Tennessee to go with them to the nationals as long as they have played in a sub-state qualifying tournament I believe.

Edited by Hopi