High School Boys / Girls Outdoor Team Rankings

2005 TN High School Boys / Girls Outdoor Team Rankings

Calculated as of May 10, 2005

These rankings were calculated by scoring the elite performances rankings list 10-deep. 1st place received 10 points for their team, on down to 1 point for 10th place.

http://www.tennesseerunner.com

The results were taken from the meets listed below. We will have a new list after I receive all the sectional results.

Times-News Relays, Chattanooga Area TSSAA A-AA Regional, 8th Annual Kenwood Track & Field Classic, Outback Steakhouse/Dan Crowe Relays, Metro Nashville Track and Field Championships, Volunteer Outdoor Track Classic, Vanderbilt Great Eight Invitational, Oak Ridge Relays, Doug Hall Relays, Viking Track & Field Invitational, 10th Annual West Knoxville Relays, Cordova Wolfpack Invitational,

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting calculations, it will be interesting to see how those compare to the state championships. Seems like it will be close, but still off due to random performances and relay teams that won't be able to compete. Quite a bit of those points will be dimished for some of those teams in the regionals when only the top two will qualify for state.

Great work, however, what are the links on the school names meant for? When I clicked on them they lead to "Site Not Found".

Interesting and welcome exercise, but in reality, not a true estimate, as I'm sure you know. Especially true on the boy's side.

More a testament about the difficulty in getting comprehensive T&F results than anything else. I would anticipate some rather dramatic changes once the data gets better and more complete.

Based on your knowledge, how would you really rank the top five for boys and girls?

That would be real tough. I am not sure I want to stick my neck out on that limb. LOL

I think we will have a better rankings after all the sectionals and done (if I can get all the results)

That is the rankings I really want to see. This option is new to me and I just wanted to play with it and see how it all worked. I think if we can get the word out about sending in results this would be a great thing.

Also if anyone has articles, results, stories, or you know of RSS feeds for running sports here in Tennessee please pass them along.

tennesseerunner, although i am flattered by the team rankings, ROSSVIEW HS should be way higher than us! They have beaten us all year whre we have gone head to head! They have a great 4x400 team and a great 4x800 team as well. They have Lynette Rives who may well win the 100/200 at the state meet! Now lets talk about Brentwood HS, they should be way higher than us as well! I predict that Brentwood will win the state meet for the 4th year in a row! Any takers out there! They have way to many horses! Thanks for the kudos for our team, but we are young with many 9th and 10th graders, small 14 kids, but competitive! I give my vote for brentwood and rossview!

Mac!

That would be real tough. I am not sure I want to stick my neck out on that limb. LOL

I think we will have a better rankings after all the sectionals and done (if I can get all the results)

That is the rankings I really want to see. This option is  new to me and I just wanted to play with it and see how it all worked. I think if we can get the word out about sending in results this would be a great thing.

Also if anyone has articles, results, stories, or you know of RSS feeds for running sports here in Tennessee please pass them along.

825670440[/snapback]

I gave it a shot on "the other website"! Just for giggles! Then again, I'm not a coach and hence have nothing to lose by doing so! :rolleyes:

Edited by itzme

It could be more accurate if you measured using the top eight times instead of top ten. Then use the scoring scale for state (10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1, I think). That alone could make a big difference.

825671173[/snapback]

I can drop it to 8 but not the points. The points is not doable with this program.

Also,

I just dropped the elite performance marks way down for the rest of this year next year I will make up all new ones just for TN based on this years state meet. I had been using FL's standard now we are using KY's.

I will work on going back over the meets that are all ready in over the next week or two.

It seems to me that not all the elite performances are accurate. For instance, Brentwood Academy has no elite performances that are listed, but if you check the results of the meets on the site, several elite performances can be found. I'm sure there are other schools that are being left out of the mix because of this, this just seems to be the most blatently obvious.

It seems to me that not all the elite performances are accurate. For instance, Brentwood Academy has no elite performances that are listed, but if you check the results of the meets on the site, several elite performances can be found. I'm sure there are other schools that are being left out of the mix because of this, this just seems to be the most blatently obvious.

825672282[/snapback]

Which ones?

Was it on the list I posted?