Halls and SOUTH DOYLE

beatngo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess predictions on here mean nothing saying that we were basically underdogs on here. i dont know what it is but no one seems to give us any respect but like i have said before we dont need it and dont want it we strive in the underdog role. anyways great game by both teams. holland really impressed me tonight. i tried to tell people on our team that he threw gas and was clocked at 88 tonight and that was his top speed. i would also like to say that the d train hit 92 tonight. what a game that kid pitched maybe not his best game but the kid is nothing but heart. south doyle will have a great team next year and had a pretty dang good team this year. im just glad that we moved on and i hate it for the south doyle seniors they have had a great career. i would also like to say that lil zurcher will be a stud next year. and the last thing i would like to say is what a baseball atmosphere at the field tonight. ive never seen anything like that for a high school baseball game. i hope that it is that packed or more packed wed. night.

not according to this thread and on coach t most were picking sd to pull the upset

825675270[/snapback]

nah pretty sure no matter what was said on here sd was the heavy underdog but regardless holland and larsen really took control of most parts of the game. Holland has been clocked at 91 last summer at a braves prospect camp but i just heard on here 88 was his top last night. thought he probly threw harder then 88 last night even though thats gas but larsen did a good job also. sd really dominated after the first inning and had opertunities but great game over all.

thats what i loved most about that kid when i played last year. he does push himself to the point where he gets so upset at himself its kinda crazy, but besides the fact that he throws harder than many around here his heart is gold and focused and ready to play 110% everytime he walks on the field. great kid, great heart.

That right and that is what make him so effective. He moves the ball around well,spotting his fastball. Followed with a nasty curve and a splitter. That was a hot team playing with a lot of determination. Holland settled in and pithced a gem also.Good game SD!

825677314[/snapback]

That game he seemed to be able to locate his fastball extremely well but his curve and split finger were not the best. Most of our players saw 90% fastballs. I saw 7 straight fastballs. He held us to 7 hits and 2 runs in a complete game. He did very well against a team who normally crushes the fastball.