BA vs USN

nickforte4261

Any predictions on tonites BA v USN matchup in the first round of the tourny? I think it should be a great game. I give the edge slightly to BA though for depth reasons mainly, USN is down to something like 13 players where BA has 19 dressing and about 17 who are capable of putting out solid minutes. It will be a battle of the Defenses I do believe.

My Prediction: BA 1 USN 0

Anyone else have any thoughts on this game?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we lost 3-1, but we dominated the whole game

they finished and we did not (a common theme for us this whole season) and i give them props for putting all of their chances in the back of the net

we had a few 1 on 1 breakaways that we should have easily scored and the ref's missed a couple of bad calls that went against us, but yea it was a good and hard game and i wish BA luck against father ryan (they will need it...everyone will)

possession, shots, and everything besides the scoreboard and the referees pointed in usn's favor today.

kudos to BA for withstanding an entire half (casi) of almost constant attack without giving up a goal (for those of you not there: going into the last five minutes BA was up 1-0, they got a lucky bounce on a counter, usn had a goal off a well played cross, and then got burned on a well finished counter-attack turned breakaway opportunity that sealed the game).

usn dominated the game - it'd surprise me if argument came from even the most partisan BA posters - and deserved to win.

i wish BA much luck against FRHS; they may pull it off if they have half as much as they did today.

unfortunately, that's how it goes.

Actually BA played a good game, they played the game just how they wanted to play it. That is their style of play, their defense is their strongest part of the team so they like to play very defensive and score all of their goals in transistion, which is exactly what they did last night. You say that USN missed several breakaways but i can really only think of 2 that they missed and it is because they have no finesse it is unexcuasable to miss over the goal from 10 yards out. BA played its game, USN got frustrated and BA took advantage its that simple. And dont even try to blame the refs that what all teams do when they lose. We played with the same refs and got just as many bad calls as you did. Good season USN, but instead of trying to make up excuses and talking about how you should still be playing why not give props to a strong BA team who came out ready to play and did what it took to win. Good luck to the 4 remaining its going to be a dog fight.

not really you guys are going to get stomped by father ryan

the ref's missed 2 bad calls in the box with should have both been penalties as well as some other smaller stuff...

in all honesty, we are horrible finishers, really bad...we have been all season long....our defense played really really well last night but the offense couldn't produce yet again....we had two clear breakaways that both sailed over and we have no one to blame for that but ourselves, however anyone who came to watch knows who dominated that game and who is the better team, you may have squeaked one by us this time, but i wish we could play again ;)

as i said before, good luck against father ryan, who should have no problem winning dII

not really you guys are going to get stomped by father ryan

the ref's missed 2 bad calls in the box with should have both been penalties as well as some other smaller stuff...

however anyone who came to watch knows who dominated that game and who is the better team

825672922[/snapback]

Okay first of all one of the calls you are arguing should have been a PK, the other one however was not a foul the BA defender simply beat your guy to the ball, sure he used a little body, but this is high level soccer bud get used to it. Also if you are going to go that route, then you need to look at it both ways, BA had a legitimate scoring chance in the first half and got called offsides when there was cleary atleast 2 defenders back (this came off a corner kick). Secondly, your sweeper chopped one of our forwards from behind and it was a no call in the box, so look at it both ways bud. And you say that you are the better, but i simply must ask you, are you playing next week? I think the best team won, that is my biased opinion. You guys have strong talent, but do not play as a team at all and you played right into BA's game last night. You let their defense make plays and began pushing your players up in the attack which is exactly what BA wants and then they caught you with quick counters, that is their game and it worked last night. Good luck to ya'll next year.

you can never say that BA dominates a game...they dont play soccer if you could say...against any good team with offense and defense they cant produce anything because they pack it in the back...so ur gonna need the luck against Father Ryan

825673111[/snapback]

When and where is the BA - FR game?