Best of Preps 2005

smalls11

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5AAA Bradley Central's Aaron Bristol should be considered for BOP candidate. 1 of 6 members from Bradley to make all district team. Pitched no-hitter, and is an outstanding infielder, with great game skills, and attitude. Would make a good addition for colleges looking for skilled mentally tough players.

I would have to give Ooltewah a nod as team of the year, but it would be difficult to pick one player as their single best for this season. At this moment, I don't see any runaways for POY, but I just want to throw out Micheal Brown's name as a candidate, what does everyone think???

Player of the Year.....it's hard to say..I desparately they don't go off the stats submitted to the paper. At least exclusively. Because half of them are incorrect. I do not think that will be an issue though.

If it does go off numbers, Brandon Turner from WV is a good candidate! Not only because he's donew ell this year, but he's had great years his whole career...and he's signed with Mississippi State.

Others to watch for:

Brett Smalley

Ryan Jones

Nic Robinson

Michael Brown

Blake McDade

Jason Henderson

Josh Sitz

Alex Vaughn

Kyler Burke

Jake McClure

Miles Ervin

Edited by GradfromtheNest

I would have to give Ooltewah a nod as team of the year, but it would be difficult to pick one player as their single best for this season. At this moment, I don't see any runaways for POY, but I just want to throw out Micheal Brown's name as a candidate, what does everyone think???

825671996[/snapback]

I agree that POY will not be a runaway! You could name 10 different guys for POY and they would all be deserving. I tihnk the "Powers that Be" will pick the right one though!

And Michael Brown will DEFINATELY be a first teamer!

There is three POY, right? All-area, All Chatta. area, All- N. Georgia. If so I would have to say All-surrounding area Turner from W. Valley, Fultz or Sitz from Grundy, All Chatta area Michael Brown from Baylor, Smalley or Green from Hixson, Jones or Burke from Ooltewah. N. georgia Guest from Ridgeland or Heckathorne from Ringgold.

There isn't too much in A, but what about this Nathan Long kid? Are his homerun numbers inflated from CCS's short porch or is he really hitting them that far??

825672007[/snapback]

Long is a very good hitter. Although I would love to see Burke, McDade, Jones, Woods, Markum, etc play there everyday!

Heckathorne from Ringgold is hands down N-GA player of the year this year. Has to be. :P

Edited by GradfromtheNest

There isn't too much in A, but what about this Nathan Long kid? Are his homerun numbers inflated from CCS's short porch or is he really hitting them that far??

825672007[/snapback]

Adam Stooksberry from Collinwood HS should definately be on the A list for POY. He may be the most dangerous hitter Region 6 has seen in some time. I was told by an oppossing coach that he averaged 2 RBI's per game this year.

Drew Earl from CA and Lee Davis from Mount Pleasant also are monsters at the plate.