FRA baseball coach retires

Suspect

After over twenty years of coaching the FRA baseball team. Coach Weicker has announced his retirement following a dismal baseball season. Weicker was quoted as saying, "I just don't see the fun in the sport anymore. It's lost its magic."

It is expected that Assistant Coach Jerry Williams, a former Vanderbilt baseball player, will assume the head coaching position with Assistant Coach Tommy Hodges aiding in the transition.

Hodges says, "I am deeply saddened that Coach Weicker has decided to leave our team but I believe that Coach Williams and I will be able to fill his shoes." Williams was ecstatic at the prospect of becoming Head Coach although he was quick to point out that he was disappointed in Wiecker's departure.

Now without a coaching position at FRA, Wiecker's future at FRA is cloudy. "I've always felt my main purpose at FRA was coaching, teaching was always a secondary objective. I think it may finally be time to toss in the towel."

Regardless of Wiecker's future at FRA, it is a fact that Weicker's time as a baseball coach will be looked back upon with respect for all the effort he put forth. As Coach Tommy Hodges put it, "His effort in both coaching baseball and football has taught me and the boys he coached to never give up no matter how hard things get."

'Coach Weicker has announced his retirement following a dismal baseball season. Weicker was quoted as saying, "I just don't see the fun in the sport anymore. It's lost its magic." '

'"His effort in both coaching baseball and football has taught me and the boys he coached to never give up no matter how hard things get."'

you cant quit if things get hard, but it is ok if it just isnt fun anymore.