DIVISION II

SLAP24

For that individual out there that thinks Baylor or GPS has it wrapped up, St>benedict will give them a run and I seriously doubt that SBA does not win the state title this year. They have played a difficult scheduleand have won some 35+ games.

How many of the 35+ did SBA win at the Hoover Tournament? GPS had their ONLY loss in the semi-finals to Tourney Champion Hoover. Wasn't sure how ya'll fared since we didn't see you after pool play. B)

825677628[/snapback]

St.Benedict won two games in the elimination round before losing to Beech. Not one of our better games. SBA also won four games in Hendersonville before loosing in extra innings to Brentwood and lost in the semi's of the Border Battle to Goodpasture. Less than 15 of our wins are against west teams. I think that this will be a very competative state tournament with four teams with a good chance to win it all. Good luck to everyone.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRA beat Briarcrest on Tue 8-2. St.Benedict beat FACS 10-0 later that evening.

On wed., FACS beat TRA 5-2 and will play St. Benedict on thur. FACS has to win twice which is not going to happen. Therefore SBA will be west#1, FACS west #2, and TRA will be west #3.

For that individual out there that thinks Baylor or GPS has it wrapped up, St>benedict will give them a run and I seriously doubt that SBA does not win the state title this year. They have played a difficult scheduleand have won some 35+ games.

Also the best player in the STATE is Chelsea Bramlett from FACS, hands down from whatever classification you care to mention.

825677539[/snapback]

trasb, thank you a ton for being the only other person that sees what I see. Apparently nobody else gets around much...or maybe it's just that nobody cares about Division II. The fact is that CHELSEA BRAMLETT IS THE BEST PLAYER IN ALL OF TENNESSEE...and I would personally even venture to say an area of our country much larger than just our state. There are threads on here all the time with titles like "best catcher in the state" and "best hitter in the state" and "faster runner in the state"...well any question with the words: "best in the state," CHELSEA BRAMLETT IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER. I have never bothered to post anything on any such threads because I know most people don't have a clue. So, trasb, I don't know who you are, but thanks for agreeing with what I've been saying for the 2 years I've known Chelsea. Oh and Chelsea, why stop at the SEC when you can have your choice of PAC10 schools! Good luck Chelsea and Stephanie at state!!

Thanks for posting your region's seeds! First round games should go as follows...

Game 1: Father Ryan vs. Tipton Rosemark

Game 2: GPS vs. FACS

Game 3: Baylor vs. Pope John Paul 2

Game 4: Brentwood Academy vs. St. Benedict

...best of luck to everyone!

And on a personal note...what can you tell me about FACS?

Edited by Bruiser4

Thanks for posting your region's seeds! First round games should go as follows...

Game 1: Father Ryan vs. Tipton Rosemark

Game 2: GPS vs. FACS

Game 3: Baylor vs. Pope John Paul 2

Game 4: Brentwood Academy vs. St. Benedict

...best of luck to everyone!

And on a personal note...what can you tell me about FACS?

825678666[/snapback]

I can tell you that you can't get out their lead-off batter (#10). You can try I guess, but you will be unsuccessful in doing so.

Well isn't that comforting! I'm going to assume that she is really fast...a slapper maybe?

825678767[/snapback]

Yeah, she's the fastest I've seen anywhere. But as to your question, it's not so much that she slaps. One at-bat she might bunt, the next she might slap, then the next she might hit. It always depends on the situation as to what she's going to do. And that's part of the reason she's so hard to defend--you never know what she's going to do.

#10 is Chelsea Bramlett for FACS. This young lady is the best female athlete I have ever had the priviledge to be around. If you get the opportunity to see her play, you should.....Chelsea is the real deal. I have travelled everywhere with her summer team and I have not seen too many girls that can truly match up to her all around. She pitches and catches, but catching is her specialty. I have not seen any better catcher anywhere and I have been to all the national tournaments, regionals and many other places and I have seen some close but none better. This kid has instinct, ability, and the skills to play anywhere she wants. I have talked with ex-olympic coaches and they agree and have seen the same skill sets that I have seen for the last four years. However, Chelsea attends a small private school which has not afforded her the opportunity to have a lot of press coverage and she is somewhat unknown in the middle and eastern part of the state....I agree with others on the board, you really never know what she will do at the plate, but whatever she decides, it will be tough for the defense to handle.

#10 is Chelsea Bramlett for FACS.  This young lady is the best female athlete I have ever had the priviledge to be around. If you get the opportunity to see her play, you should.....Chelsea is the real deal. I have travelled everywhere with her summer team and I have not seen too many girls that can truly match up to her all around. She pitches and catches, but catching is her specialty. I have not seen any better catcher anywhere and I have been to all the national tournaments, regionals and many other places and I have seen some close but none better. This kid has instinct, ability, and the skills to play anywhere she wants. I have talked with ex-olympic coaches and they agree and have seen the same skill sets that I have seen for the last four years. However, Chelsea attends a small private school which has not afforded her the opportunity to have a lot of press coverage and she is somewhat unknown in the middle and eastern part of the state....I agree with others on the board, you really never know what she will do at the plate, but whatever she decides, it will be tough for the defense to handle.

825678818[/snapback]

What summer team does she play for?...will they ever play around the middle tennessee area....i'd love to see her play....Do you know if the Univ. of Georgia has contacted her? My daughter played at Georgia, and she sounds like the kind of player that the coach there loves, one with speed to burn.