Rockwood VS University School

1ladytigerfan

Univ. High is led by Cori McVeigh who throws hard and has good control, however she has nothing off speed.  Tell Rockwood hitters to be patient at the plate & look for something to hit.  Offensively, the catcher Megan Backers is their big threat.  Keep the ball away from her & she can't hurt you.  Their lead off hitter who's name escapes me right now has speed, and the shortstop is good defensivly & cover a lot of territory.

825677076[/snapback]

As I see it the Rockwood team has seen many diffrent pitchers this year the best being Lewis and Isham both left handers. pitching only matters if the batters are smart and are willing to adapt. Come on Rockwood and get er done!!!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK is a very complete team. Their pitcher is one of the best Ive seen. She has speed, and excellent change up that she will through on any count, and a curve ball. They play solid defense and yesterday when we played them they hit very very well throughout their lineup but the first time we played them this year (a game we won) they didnt hit nearly as well. Manufacture runs against them, be ready to hit because she has great control. Hope this helps and Good luck.

825677884[/snapback]

I know she throws hard, but does she have much movement on the ball. Also who are their hitters besides O'Connor? Was also wonder about the catcher. Can she throw or can you get around the bases on her?

If Rockwood can hit, they will be fine, like in previous post, McVeigh has no change up, she knows one speed and one speed only, and likes to pitch it high in the zone. Right side is weak on defense, keep the ball away from the catcher, Backers, she can hit, and they like to bunt the ball a lot, smart baserunners, if you can shake the pitcher, you will do well.

she can be hit off of, just lay off the high stuff. Ball park in JC is big, lot of room for hits.

825678065[/snapback]

Just some info on UH. Everything Backers hits goes to the right side. Their leadoff is a lefty who will usually bunt right down the first baseline and beat the throw. If she gets on, they will bunt the # 2 batter (#12 Foster SS) to advance Walker. Then if no outs the will also bunt #3 batter (#20 Torey Crane 2B). This then brings up Backers with Walker on 3rd. This is how they scored on us. If you get ahead of them their pitcher gets rattled easy and can't handle the pressure. Good Luck. I hope this helps. Also watch their substitutions. They'll try to pull one over on you (Usually with a runner for 1st baseman #24 Brittney Carson

Just some info on UH.  Everything Backers hits goes to the right side.  Their leadoff is a lefty who will usually bunt right down the first baseline and beat the throw.  If she gets on, they will bunt the # 2 batter (#12 Foster SS) to advance Walker.  Then if no outs the will also bunt #3 batter (#20 Torey Crane 2B).  This then brings up Backers with Walker on 3rd.  This is how they scored on us.  If you get ahead of them their pitcher gets rattled easy and can't handle the pressure.  Good Luck.  I hope this helps.  Also watch their substitutions.  They'll try to pull one over on you  (Usually with a runner for 1st baseman #24 Brittney Carson

825678313[/snapback]

Any team that cannot bunt in fastpitch will loose big games.

Way to go Cori! Make East Tennessee proud. Would love to see you girls come home with a State Championship. We have faith in you and know you can do it. You've worked hard and nobody deserves it more. Oh yea, congratulations on signing with Tusculum!! Will be reading about you in the papers!

Its good to see that there is a team goin to Memphis from up this way and hopefully there will be two after tomrrow when the Lady Rangers beat CAK. Rangers i know you can do it its been four years since yall have been and this year is hopefully is your year....Good Luck to all teams headed Memphis.....Congrats to Rockwood for making a sub-state appearence this year , yall did very well the games that I got to see while i was in Roane County ..But I am a dihard Lady Rangers fan and always will be !!! GOOD LUCK RANGERS!!!!!! thumb :blink: