DOBYNS BENNETT VS KNOX HALLS

the real deal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Larsen there no. 1, i believe he is a lefty isnt he? How good is he, how hard does he throw, does he have good stuff?

825677726[/snapback]

No, Lockwood is the lefty. Larsen is the righthander. They aren't really #1 and #2, but 1a and 1b.

Lockwood doesn't throw very hard, but he has great stuff and can put the ball pretty much where he needs to put it. He has great control.

Larsen is the hard thrower of the two. I saw him hit 88 a couple of times on the gun in mid season.

HTV, Larsen was rumored to have hit 92-93 on the gun against South Doyle Monday and he wasn't on with his offspeed stuff. It should be a good, low scoring game in my opinion. I don't know the DB kid at all, but if he's good as he's being hyped up on here, it will definitely be a pitcher's duel. Good Luck Halls.

HTV, Larsen was rumored to have hit 92-93 on the gun against South Doyle Monday and he wasn't on with his offspeed stuff.  It should be a good, low scoring game in my opinion.  I don't know the DB kid at all, but if he's good as he's being hyped up on here, it will definitely be a pitcher's duel.  Good Luck Halls.

825677899[/snapback]

I don't doubt that he did. I'm careful about throwing out radar gun numbers if I don't know that they are accurate. I saw the gun hit a legit 88 with my own eyes several times in mid-season.

I know Duran throws low 90's. He is a year younger than the other seniors. At 17, he still has room for more development and in the paper coaches expect him to throw over 95 in the near future. He is 6-foot-3 & 230 lbs, nicknamed: Big Cat. He was player of the year in both football & baseball for DB's conference. He has many eyes on him as he is expected to continue to get better.

Edited by bud

And he will continue to get better as long as he keeps his head on straight.

I heard Larson throws faster and can place his fast-ball, but dont have much of a curve, and lockwood can place his nasty curve real well and not his fast ball, kinda vise-versa of larson. Rumor also is that the halls are going to thropw them both trying to mix it up. Is all this true?

And he will continue to get better as long as he keeps his head on straight.

I heard Larson throws faster and can place his fast-ball, but dont have much of a curve, and lockwood can place his nasty curve real well and not his fast ball, kinda vise-versa of larson.  Rumor also is that the halls are going to thropw them both trying to mix it up.  Is all this true?

825677984[/snapback]

I really dont think it matters if Randy Johnson is on the hill for Halls. I played against D.B. this year and they are the real deal. They play with alot of determination and emotion. Baseball is a game not dealt with so much on the level of talent, but on the heart that the kids put forth and play with. Not to mention the 2 million dollar in-door hitting facility acquired by the Tribe along with the rest of the field house. D.B. hits the ball as well as any high school team I have ever played with or against and they are a real classy bunch of kids as well.