tbca showcase try-outs

pccoach

EVERYONE PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. Try-outs are going on sat. and sun. all across the state for the TBCA worth Showcase at MTSU in June. This is an event that kids need to be at, cause they will not be seen at hardly any other place by more people that at Middle.

TRY-OUT LOCATIONS AND TIMES ARE:

Regions 1 & 2- 5/21 sat. 11:00 et at Carson-Newman

5/22 sun. 12:00 et at Carson-Newman

Regions 3 & 4- 5/21 sat. 10:00 ct at Tomahawk field, Winchester

5/21 sat. 4:00 ct at Freindship Christian, Lebanon

Regions 5 & 6- 5/21 sat. 10:00 ct at Nashville Overton

5/22 sun. 2:00 ct at Nashville Overton

Regions 7 & 8- 5/21 sat. 10:00 ct at Braircrest Chriatian

5/22 sun. 1:00 ct. at University School of Jackson

Any Questions go to tbca.org website and e-mail either buddy powers at riverdale or phil clark at bartlett.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches need to get your players to their respective tryout locations. If you are still in the playoffs have your players at least show to sign the list. This is a great opportunity for our players to get alot of free exposure to college coaches and pro scouts.

maybe wrong, but, I don't think players from teams still in the playoffs have to come and "sign-in". They only need for their coach to notify the coaches holding the tryout that they are interested and some stats for the coach to go on. Just my experience. May have changed.

I have heard that there will be limited spots available. As is the case each year. "X" amount of spots will be left open for players from those that are currently in the playoffs. Which is always unfortunate because I believe they should all tryout. I suggest that they move the showcase after the H.S. season is over. This way everyone that is interested can tryout and the coaches choosing will be more apt to pick those that have good tryouts, versus those that are recommended by a coach and have seasonal stats that may influence the procedure. This argument has been here for yours and I doubt that this situation will change. Real shame for some of these kids that didn't make the playoffs, but are good enough to play in the showcase, and won't get the chance. Happens every year.

Another suggestion would be to exclude those that make it to Memphis. Most of the same scouts will see them their and it will give those that are not getting much attention because they aren't on a Farragut or Halls, to be seen at MTSU. The Sunbelt teams can still be chosen like they have always been, and will be. Just think of how many more kids will get noticed with this kind of opportunity. Most of those going to Memphis have already been noticed, or will be.

Food for thought.

Is this one of the tryouts where the teams have pretty much already been picked? I have heard in the past that this is the case. Example, kid goes to the tryout, has a great workout and still doesn't get picked. I've heard this from at least a dozen different coaches and players.

Is this one of the tryouts where the teams have pretty much already been picked?  I have heard in the past that this is the case.  Example, kid goes to the tryout, has a great workout and still doesn't get picked.  I've heard this from at least a dozen different coaches and players.

825677814[/snapback]

Whatever! That's always going to happen. Since little Johnny doesn't get picked, Little Johnny's daddy complains that the coach picked his favorites! Or that the team was picked before tryouts! It's no secret that coaches talk and just because somebody has an EXCELLENT tryout or a TERRIBLE tryout doesn't necessarily make or break their chances. And I know your response might be, "Well why even have a tryout?" I've been to 3 or 4 of these tryouts and each year the team from my regions are picked pretty well. Anyways, just my opinion. And of course those players who made the team their sophomore year and did well are going to have a leg up on the competition. That's just the way life is in every aspect - whether we like it or not! Good luck to all!

GradfromtheNest Posted Today, 01:15 PM

Whatever! That's always going to happen. Since little Johnny doesn't get picked, Little Johnny's daddy complains that the coach picked his favorites! Or that the team was picked before tryouts! It's no secret that coaches talk and just because somebody has an EXCELLENT tryout or a TERRIBLE tryout doesn't necessarily make or break their chances. And I know your response might be, "Well why even have a tryout?" I've been to 3 or 4 of these tryouts and each year the team from my regions are picked pretty well. Anyways, just my opinion. And of course those players who made the team their sophomore year and did well are going to have a leg up on the competition. That's just the way life is in every aspect - whether we like it or not! Good luck to all!

Whatever???

That was kind of a smart-assed comment don't you think? I expected a little better from you to be honest.