Top 9th Graders in the State

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early or rather these players are to young for rankings, next year will tell more.

Our 3, Ware, Jones, Mason and Brownsville's Taylor can be really good.

2 from the SE Elite have always impressed me, Henly and Williams.

The Travelers Dowdle and their G Caldwell have a chance to be big-time players.

This class could develop into a strong class nationally. I'd love to see these guys on the floor together.

I agree strongly with bigyomca. It is rather early to rank the class of 2008, but from the action that I have seen this summer, the following players have to be mentioned among the state's elite freshmen:

Memphis YOMCA - Ware, Mason, Jones

TN Travelers - Dowdell, Caldwell, Damron

SE Elite - Henley and Williams

TN Thunder - Williams

I am sure there are other freshmen worthy of being mentioned, but these are the freshmen that I have seen that standout statewide currently.

It's early or rather these players are to young for rankings, next year will tell more.

Our 3, Ware, Jones, Mason and Brownsville's Taylor can be really good.

2 from the SE Elite have always impressed me, Henly and Williams.

The Travelers Dowdle and their G Caldwell have a chance to be big-time players.

This class could develop into a strong class nationally. I'd love to see these guys on the floor together.

825681482[/snapback]

Team Angels has Lawrence Bowers a 6''7 kid that can play inside and out from Elliston Baptist

6'2 Jarvis Jones from Mitchell High

5'10 Eric Buggs from White Station

5'10 Malcolm Burton from Ridgeway

6'5 Darryl Neal from Melrose

6'4 Kaylen Durham from White Station

6'6 Lewis McCaster from Mitchell High -baby Shaq!

all are names to remember from Memphis and 2 kids from Earle Arkansas that can really play in 6''3 Steve Meridith (very versatile athlete) and 6'2 Daniel Hurst.

I agree strongly with bigyomca.  It is rather early to rank the class of 2008, but from the action that I have seen this summer, the following players have to be mentioned among the state's elite freshmen:

Memphis YOMCA - Ware, Mason, Jones

TN Travelers - Dowdell, Caldwell, Damron

SE Elite - Henley and Williams

TN Thunder - Williams

I am sure there are other freshmen worthy of being mentioned, but these are the freshmen that I have seen that standout statewide currently.

825681611[/snapback]

Marcus Jefferson is easily the best player on the Thunder 15U by a long shot though I think Upton is a solid player as well. I am not sold by any means on Williams' game. He isnt bad, but he isnt in the same class as those guys above. I dont know how he played in the state, but i have seen him this year and in years past and he deserves consideration.