Class A-AA State Championship

timbdp

I can't say this was unexpected for me. I said they were one of the best teams behind only mccallie gps & baylor and they're by far the best in their division. Most of their players are juniors/sophomores so I say expect big things from them again in the future.

Though CCS boys tennis may be a good team, thats apparent because they won A/AA, lets put things in perspective. A/AA is a huge step down from AAA and AAA is a huge step down from the privates. CCS would do OK on the AAA level, but they wouldn't even get out of their region. They beat DCA who I saw play and they were a pretty good team but not that great. They had to come back from behind to beat them. They may be good, but to put them up there as one of the best in the state overall is crazy.

Who has a better team than CCS in Chattanooga outside of the college preps? CCS has 5 TOP tournament jr's on their team. Sure, the college prep teams would probably be on top of them but most of the other teams only have 1 or 2 good players. None have solid lineups like CCS does. Show me a roster that is better than CCS's and I'll comply w. you guys' statement about them not being so gr8.

chattanooga's private schools (gps, mccallie, baylor, ccs, etc...) are hard to equate eachother with. ccs, though they have won state 4 years in a row, should not be talked about in the same light as a team like baylor or mccallie. its like having a back alley brawl where ccs has a plastic knife and mccallie/baylor has a flamethrower. aside from that, i know that alot of teams like grace, csas, ooltewah, red bank, etc were talkin a lot, and i mean a lot, of trash about beating ccs this year. all i can say is that yall didn't get it done -- ccs did. ccs can talk -- yall can't.

• 3 weeks later...