AA All State Team

bobcats56

Name me off a few BAD D1 schools.

The Pro thing, name me off a few kids that went pro out of JUCO.

You guys are just helping me to make my point.

825685436[/snapback]

Here's a good link. There are 11.7 scholarships for DI prospects and 12 for NAIA schools and it's rare for either to give a full ride. Juco's have 24 full rides available. That's reason enough right there.

Bobby Bratton signed with Motlow State after being drafted by the Dodgers last spring. He led the state in hitting and noone was within 7 of his homerun total. He had offers from SEC schools. Do a search on your browser or visit Motlow State's website.

Baseball is not football or basketball. Title IX has limited the scholarships available at the big schools and many get partial scholarships in conjunction with academic scholarships.

Baseball Schollies

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the OVC teams are not too good. And if you try to say they are not bad, then you are wrong because I have seen several play. I am sure there are a lot of other smaller conferences that are not good. some kids who could go there might go JUCO to get to go to like a UT, Florida, or LSU.

I'm gonna say whoever gets the most press. Don't they usually take 2 or 3 off the state champion, a couple from the runner up and spread the rest around to the guys that are going to get drafted or get a scholly? It's a subjective thing. Is it based on position, batting average, ERA or what? I wouldn't put much stock on who makes all state in AA baseball. Raise your hand if you've seen all the AA teams in the state play. Exactly.

Name me off a few BAD D1 schools.

The Pro thing, name me off a few kids that went pro out of JUCO.

You guys are just helping me to make my point.

825685436[/snapback]

Often, later round draft picks go the JUCO route for the above mentioned reasons, hoping to improve their draft status and sign quicker than going 4 year school. So you often have ML draft picks playing JUCO, and they are pretty good judge of talent. So both sides area little true, more good players go to 4 year schools, but JUCO's do have a lot of players that are better than those in 4 year schools.

To the victors go the spoils of war. The 8 teams who went to the state tournament have the best chance to get an all-stater. If you weren't in the final 8 you will have had to have an outstanding year or be d1 signee.

at tbca.org we have a list of every player ever drafted from a TN school. You can see for yourself. And I might add, if you aren't in the first round, you very rarely make it to the big leagues. You can go thru the entire draft from 1965 and see that statistically speaking, very few players drafter after the first round ever make it to the show. That may sound strange, but it is true. I started counting up the numbers a couple of years ago, but it is astounding to see the difference..