17u State

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomab2,

I am relatively new to the AAU/Traveling basketball scene, but it is obvious that your Midstate Ballerz organization is one of the top 4 or 5 programs in the state of TN. I was just curious, how long have you been coaching and how long has your organization been in existence?

Should be a great State Tourney...

Question: when was the last time a team not from Memphis won the 17:u State??? In the years I've been coaching, Memphis has won State every year...

825685843[/snapback]

I have been Coaching and running the Ballerz program for 8 years now... We have sent 14 kids to Division 1 scholarships just within the last 2 years (05 and 04), 21 in all coming into this year...

Columbia, Ballerz Elite beat YOMCA in the title game...

Gold, c'town... Ballerz 16's would beat Thunder handily on a nuetral court... Ballerz Select blew a 15 point lead and lost to Thunder, but still finished ahead of Thunder in pool, and finished 4th. In addition, Thunder lost to YOMCA's second team in the 5th place game, a team that Ballerz Elite beat by 40 in pool play...

Ballerz 16's also have wins over Top 5 ranked Arkansas Hawks, Top 5 ranked YOMCA, The Family (MI), Team Angels, Memphis Trotters (by 42), Memphis Tigers (by 45), Nashville Tigers 17's, Franklin Rage 17's, Ken Tenn Run n Gun 17's, Nashville Royals 17's, a 17:u team from Ca (at Kingwood), and Team Richmond (by 24)... Thunder's resume includes what???

Ballerz Elite have also beaten Thunder 16's by 43, and Thunder 17's by 35...

Ballerz Elite, Ballerz Select, and Ballerz 16's will all be going to 17:u AAU Nationals in Orlando, FL

But, they beat your 17's on a neutral court. Didn't the Thunder beat your 16's by what 13 to 14 points and if wasn't for Matt S. (M'boro Stars) they would have beaten them by even more points. Next excuse please!!! Also, your 16's would lose easily to TN. Travelers 16's, TN. Mavericks 16's and the Nashville Stallions 16's, and a few of the state's top 15U teams IMHO.

Also, you fail to mention that this year 17U state was the weakest ever. It feature three 16U teams, a TN. Zags team who's tallest player was what 6'2 to 6'3 at best, a Nashville Stallions team that played it's worst ball of the summer and the TN. Travelers second 17U team.

Where were the state's top 17U teams and players this past weekend, such as the TN. Travelers, M'boro Stars, Team Angels, etc.?

News...

Thunder beat our 2nd 17:u team... And in 17:u State there were two 16:u teams, though YOMCA had at least two rising seniors, and had competed with that same team the week before in 17:u Nike Memorial Day (and did well, going 2-1 in pool)...

Our Elite 17:u team beat Thunder 16's by 43 points...

Your comments about our 16's are hilarious... Did you not read the post I made about our wins and schedue in 16's??? And, by the way, the Ballerz 16's also beat Team Angels 17's by double digits... Some of the teams you claim that would beat us are ridiculous. Again, I 1) doubt you even read my post and 2) have never seen our 16's play... a rematch would be nice (though I doubt Thunder would allow it to happen), but either way we are looking forward to continue a great season with an oustanding July...

I agree that is was a weaker 17:u State; I never claimed it was strong (though it had 7 of the Top 10 17:u teams in the State). I'm disspointed that the Stars and Pump 'n Run did not play (Travs #1 team hasn't in 17's in a while): the dates did not conflict with any other evetn. In any case, we have played and beaten 3 of the other Top 5 17:u teams in the State (Pump 'n Run, Angels, and YOMCA)... I have attempted to play the Stars and Travelers as well. We are trying to make that happen on July 2...