CHATTANOOGA AREA TOP 10 PITCHERS THIS YEAR

RoarSB1169

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to stay up on the game Wilson25!  I heard that too.  :) I also heard she got an offer from UCLA. :lol:

825693766[/snapback]

Ok......No offence or nothing but the only girls around the Chattanooga area that would get those kind of offers is Nikki Waters and Katy Blevins of Soddy and Tiffany Baker of East Ridge and Ashley Ellis of Bledsoe........

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

Way to stay up on the game Wilson25!  I heard that too.  :) I also heard she got an offer from UCLA. :lol:

825693766[/snapback]

Wow. her mom didn't tell me that. I guess bucket carrying Mr. Rice's hours sitting on that bucket catching her have paid off. LOL!!! Good Luck to Brittany I am sure this is one of many offers she will have to choose from and I hope she has a great senior year next year and goes to college and does great! Wilson get over your bitterness, grow up, and wish the girl some luck. What in the world has she done to you? And to think this is the support she gets from the Ooltewah fan base. Jealousy, Jealousy. Oh I forgot you are a Soddy fan! Yeah Right!!!!

Ok......No offence or nothing but the only girls around the Chattanooga area that would get those kind of offers is Nikki Waters and Katy Blevins of Soddy and Tiffany Baker of East Ridge and Ashley Ellis of Bledsoe........

825693768[/snapback]

I hope they do get offers like that it would make me proud because they are from Chattanooga. Good Luck to all the girls that really work hard and want to go on and play college ball. I hope they find a good "fit" for them. Don't forget grades are important too it doesn't matter how good you are if you don't make the grade you may not be able to go anywhere!

825693768[/snapback]

Not even those girls will get offers from UCLA....if you look at UCLA's roster for the last 15 years, very few girls ever play for that school unless they are from California, and Arizona. I doubt the UCLA coach even knows where Chattanooga is.

I hope they do get offers like that it would make me proud because they are from Chattanooga. Good Luck to all the girls that really work hard and want to go on and play college ball. I hope they find a good "fit" for them. Don't forget grades are important too it doesn't matter how good you are if you don't make the grade you may not be able to go anywhere!

825693782[/snapback]

When college scholarships are awarded people may be surprised at who gets what.

I know for a fact that top SEC teams are looking at kids who did not make !st team Best of Preps. At least one on honorable mention. Sometimes high school awards and publicty are not given to the best players for various reasons. I have seen seniors promoted by there coaches because of constant pressue from parents even though there were younger players a lot better. A lot of coaches think that younger players have to wait their turn.

I think there are 5-10 SEC caliber players in high school in our area. Most are rising juniors. Very few are seniors. Some may play to stay at home (UTC ?)

because of travel. The cream will rise to the top>

I know for a fact that top SEC teams are looking at kids who did not make !st team Best of Preps.  At least one on honorable mention. Sometimes high school awards and publicty are not given to the best players for various reasons. I have seen seniors promoted by there coaches because of constant pressue from parents even though there were younger players a lot better.  A lot of coaches think that younger players have to wait their turn.

I think there are 5-10 SEC caliber players in high school in our area. Most are rising juniors. Very few are seniors. Some may play to stay at home (UTC ?)

because of travel.  The cream will rise to the top>

825693816[/snapback]

Coaches from the top teams (SEC, Big 10, ACC, etc) could care less what a player does in high school, so they dont look at the all-star teams. All they care about is how well the girls do in the competitive summer leagues, where the competition is much better. Some coaches wont even recruit a girl unless she plays in the Gold division in the ASA.

825693782[/snapback]

I don't know for a fact but I'm sure these girls make good grades........or there coaches wouldn't let them play

Coaches from the top teams (SEC, Big 10, ACC, etc) could care less what a player does in high school, so they dont look at the all-star teams. All they care about is how well the girls do in the competitive summer leagues, where the competition is much better. Some coaches wont even recruit a girl unless she plays in the Gold division in the ASA.

825693836[/snapback]

Katy Blevins, Nikki Waters, and Ashley Ellis all play for the Chattanooga Eagles.....So I'm pretty sure they won't have any problems going somewhere big,only if they won't to go somewhere big,some of these girls might wanna play for UTC.........Not sure who Tiffany Baker plays for......

I know for a fact that top SEC teams are looking at kids who did not make !st team Best of Preps.  At least one on honorable mention. Sometimes high school awards and publicty are not given to the best players for various reasons. I have seen seniors promoted by there coaches because of constant pressue from parents even though there were younger players a lot better.  A lot of coaches think that younger players have to wait their turn.

because of travel.  The cream will rise to the top>

825693816[/snapback]

I totally agree with everything you are saying. Most of the recruiting is done from the summer teams anyway and there is no award or honor going to say as much as a coach watching you perform. As for Rice I think that is a good thing because her school team is not as successful as some ot the others. I also heard that Ooltewah's second baseman Casey Saunders has had some attention this summer and will get offers and I think maybe already has had 2. She is another really good player that does not get the attention she deserves. She really hit the ball well for Ooltewah this year and has continued on with her summer team. What does it matter where the offer is from? There are some girls that would love to go on and play at the next level that are probably good enough but for whatever reason don't get the opportunity. The Michigan, UCLA thing was in response to Wilson 25 being cute and saying the offer for Britt was from Michigan because Rhonda did not tell me where the offer came from. She just said it was a really exciting thing for Britt to open the email and the offer to be there. I am sure it would be for any girl. I think you need to weigh in the factor too how important is playing time. If you go to a "big" school you better be ready to sit a while as a freshman. And, it's all about the education anyway. I just think it is great the opportunities that are out there for the girls that play fastpitch to be able to go and get that education because of ball! I will find out where it came from and if it is that big of a deal and anyone wants to know just say so and I will find out and post it later. I am sure thay will tell me it was just presented as Hey, she got her first full ride offer and it was just an exciting time for that family. Too bad some people can't just be happy for them. I know Herb Rice thinks it is a wonderful thing when a girl gets a softball scholarship. He does not care who they are or where the offer is from he loves to hear about it and so do I!!! By the way my daughter did not go on to play college ball and she wishes she had.

Katy Blevins, Nikki Waters, and Ashley Ellis all play for the Chattanooga Eagles.....So I'm pretty sure they won't have any problems going somewhere big,only if they won't to go somewhere big,some of these girls might wanna play for UTC.........Not sure who Tiffany Baker plays for......

825693843[/snapback]

You're right, they will get offers from some big schools, such as UT or some of the other SEC schools. But, their offer is based on their good performances in summer leagues, not their high school careers.